510 or s-13 race car

samsung

I had plans to build my s13 240sx for road racing. but my daily 510 with coilovers and big brakes and sways. schools my far more built s13 in handling. im just looking for opinions/insight on the two as a race car. if there are any big down falls of a 510 I may have over looked? im now jsut torn between building my s13 or my spare 2dr for the track.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed with the posters above... If you plan on drifting, plan on crashing a time or two... S13's are replacable for cheap enough, and body panels/aftermarket overfenders, etc are cheap-ish, too.

Ding a 510 quarter panel and you're stuck with box flares or body work...

i was going to say to do the s13 until i noticed you are building it for a time attack car so it wont be as likely to get damaged. my dad really regrets the amount of 510s he has scrapped over the years due to finding replacement panels for his old circle track car from wrecks. we are currently building a 510 for asphault hill climbs and track days so i say go for it with the 510.

If you're building it for track use and you want to win, the S13 is the better choice simply due to aerodynamics. I'd build the 510 anyway, but to achieve the same speeds if you have a long straight, you're going to need a shitload more hp than the S13.

If were talking daily drivers here, How hard is it for your 240 to pass emissions? Your 510 doesnt have too so build it. Stupid Government which I work for doesnt want you to have fun why play their game, just build your 510 and keep the 240 for going to work and back.

If you're building it for track use and you want to win, the S13 is the better choice simply due to aerodynamics. I'd build the 510 anyway, but to achieve the same speeds if you have a long straight, you're going to need a shitload more hp than the S13.

lol... aerodynamics dont come into play at 20-60 mph... around 70+ is when it gets to be a factor as far as ive been educated