how are 195 50 15s going to handle 330whp?

LeX

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

back wheel is a 15x7 so i guess i could do a 225 . I want a 15x8 but its hard to get in the right offset. a 15x8 +20-25 would be perfect but I like a matching set so I would need a matching 15x7 for the front with a 0-10 offset and lookin stylish too

Probably not as problem. Anyone who claims that wheel horsepower as opposed to calculated horsepower is delusional unless he works for a KART contractor. Aeromotive in Gardena CA turned out genuine 1000 HP aluminum block Nissan 3 liter race engines engines until they were forced to put 750HP restrictor plates in the intake. If you have one, congratulations.

Edited by MikeRL411

When I first swapped the LS1 into my Z, it still had the 14" x 7" Konigs with 195 60 14 Falken Azenis Tires on it. The car makes 340HP to the rear wheels and talk about spin. The car would not hook up. I now have 225-50-16s and it is better but I still smoke them if I am not careful on the launch.

I think compound trumps size after a certain point, 7-8 in the right compound and pattern with the right feet can handle some serious power.

Proxies for example laugh at 330hp. Wider IS better, I'm just sayign its not always as important as people think. Like brakes, great pads make a huge difference. My .02

Where the hell are the vids? :D

When I first swapped the LS1 into my Z, it still had the 14" x 7" Konigs with 195 60 14 Falken Azenis Tires on it. The car makes 340HP to the rear wheels and talk about spin. The car would not hook up. I now have 225-50-16s and it is better but I still smoke them if I am not careful on the launch.

I guess all I can do is wait and find out :)

and keep looking for a matching set of wheels. I know some folks dont mind at all using two different sets as long as they are both real oldschool sets... i want to have real quality old school period wheels on it so i guess ill shop around for some 15x8