1960 Datsun 1200 Truck Is Home

Zoomer

Folk's here is the truck I talked about last week. Finally arrived home over the weekend, fairly straight, only items missing are the grille and a radiator. I'm sure a radiator can be modified to fit in, and will be in search of grille to clean it up and put up for sale. I noted on one of my thread that this truck has a cool sideview trim option I have not seen on the various 1960 truck pictures on here, It seems be original on the driver side. It also has the one up top on the A-Pillar as well. Anyone interested on working up a deal, please call me at 909-952-1037 or email me at lvaladez@cstconstructionco.com, Thanks. Shoot I'm having trouble loading up the pictures, email me and I can shoot send you a pic.

1960Datsun002.jpg

1960Datsun001.jpg

1960Datsun004.jpg

1960Datsun005.jpg

1960Datsun006.jpg

1960Datsun003.jpg

Edited by fisch
Fisch Posted the pics
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey zoomer, I edited you first post to add the pics for you! Kewl truck man! I've never seen that mirror, it's crazy!

Basically underneath the thumbnail photos at photobucket there is a line that starts w/

and ends with . All you have to do is copy that line and paste it directly into your post on Ratsun. You don't have to use the mountain button or paperclip-world button.

Look forward to some interior shots!

thats pretty cool looking. i definitely havent seen that type of mirror before. looks like its mostly complete. its hard to tell in the pics but it looks like the tailgate is off of a newer L320

edit: actually the bed and tailgate are off of a newer L320 but it looks like the bed is bent in at the top and the hooks removed.

Edited by LAYEDOUTB2K

I have a radiator, had it gone thru and used it a week but it didn't solve my hopped up motors cooling problem. So it sits still with a little coolant in it.

The bed is correct if it is a 222 or 223. The 220 and 221 had the smaller bed. The original tailgate would just not have DATSUN in it. It appears in the pics the bed paint matches the cab and the gate is darker.

The mirror is from something else, its bottom mates to the trim of the original vehicle.

Guys,

Yeah my truck is a 1222, and I was told from the guy I got it that the bed is correct, the tailgate came off a later truck and he was going to splice it and have the hinges match up. It is a cool vintage truck. Can the guy with the radiator call me e-mail me directly to work somthing out 909-952-1037, thanks

The Zoomer

That hemi is for my 34 Tudor Sedan, but it would make a very interesting drive train for sure. Purple, can you let me know what you will take for the radiator tha will fit this truck? Call 909-952-1037

I'm glad to see the corrections. Websites have a way of spreading misinformation. I'll add to the corrections. 222s and 223s had the same skirted bed but it's not the same bed as a 320. Obviously the tailgate from a 320 will fit a 222/223 bed and while thery are visually similar 320 bed is nearly 5" longer and over 2" wider. Look closely at that 320 tailgate, however, you'll notice that it doesn't fit properly.