Ball park value

opalbeetle

Hello all. I know ball parking the value of any vehicle can be hard but I thought I would ask anyway. I have no pictures currently and will try to describe what I came across.

I found a 1974 620 regular cab with 38000 verifiable miles on it from the original owner. Straight as an arrow and not a speck of rust, not even a bubble. Completely redone interior. 4 speed. Bone stock and original, except for the horn and aluminum D-Slot wheels. What are outstanding examples of these trucks selling for these days?

Thanks for the input,

Todd

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go over that badboy with a fine tooth comb. Look @ the floorboards, battery tray, front of bed floor for rust. Is the paint original? If every thing is legit then def. 3K range. Like I said tho if your going to be spending that much then really take your time to inspect.

I posted pics to Datsun510.com. An intersting discussion came up yesterday on the Bluebird list about location, availability and cost being tied together. I know that rust free trucks can be found in the southern US, but not so much here. This is the rust belt, big time. Do you think that the value of a truck like this would be higher if there are none around? I know that the desirability isn't the same as the 510, but I like the fact that around here it is rare and different. There are a handful of 510's but no 620's in good condition. 3000US for a southern truck probably doubles for me with transportation and currency exchange. And this one is right here!

The original wheels are not around but I have a set in my garage, with hubcaps that came with my 200$ 620. The paint is original except for the "accents".

I am open to comments on what you think the value might be based on the pictures. Go to the following link and have a look if you like.

http://datsun510.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&page=1&ppuser=303

Thanks,

Todd

Holy flashback dude! Ol skool kool! 3k would be a great price for this rig IMHO! Surly worth 5k to the right buyer. I love it! And yes location has alot to do with price. I am from new england, I understand the premium for rust free vehicles in this area. If you can even find them.

100_4013.jpg

100_3996.jpg

Edited by fisch

show truck! show truck! any less than 3k would be a crime! i think price/location makes a big difference. in the southeast a 510 is about double the price of the same one on the west coast. search seatle craigslist and you see nice running 510 for say 1500, that would go for 3-4 k down here. we don't have the rust issues, unless its a coastal vehicle. but we just didnt get as many back in the day. southern men didnt buy japanese:lol::lol: we argue about what's better ford vs chevy. :lol:

dude if u don't grab that for 3,000.00, then tell me where it's at and i'll be there to get it and drive it home to arizona, dang u need to be on that like flies on poo-poo...:D

I can guarantee that it will not go for 3,000. That was the suggestion when I asked for a ballpark based on a written description. So my question is...if you saw it and didn't know what the guy wanted and you had cash to burn, what would you pay?

Todd

Hi and welcome,

The $3000.00 to $5000.00 range is right. I might be able to track down who made that camper shell. I remember them. From Your photos, inside of the cab AND the shell, I can see snaps where a boot at one time was between the cab and shell. Is it still with the truck? Also, describe the back window. Is it flat or bubbled? The tires are newer as is the sunroof. Everything else is total 70s. In the 70s We all ran bias tires. Only the guys with $$$$ ran radials so those are a newer type than B.F. Goodrich T/As from the 70s. That sunroof is coated with black anodizing. All of the early sunroofs were pretty basic and only aluminum finished. I would guess early 80s was when that one was installed. You also will be getting a vintage AHHH-OOO-GAH horn!! That item is cool! I have a set of those fender flares but those are NOT Fontana's. They are noticibally smaller in the front. That is, however, only the second set I've seen in the last 10 years. Also, that is NOT one of My spoilers. It is a vintage Pete Brock Interpart spoiler. Some show up from time to time but that is the "real deal"!! Is the cowl chromed? It looks like it is reflecting light from somewhere, and not the stock yellow. Were the tailgate letters custom painted of done in "sparkletape"?? Also, were the taillight housings chromed? A very cool truck that You were fortuniant to find!! Take good care of Her if You get her!!!!