rear shocks upgrade

Ultramagnus

Ok well i'm redoing my rear shocks, is there a short stroke shocks for the rears like from a 240sx that we can use for the dimes? right now i have tockico blues that i'll be tossing out in favor of something else adjustable maybe like my fronts. i just want to know if there's an option for the rear besides CO.

(will a mod pls. move this to the suspension section) Thanks.

Edited by Ultramagnus
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the KYB AGX shock that technotoytuning uses for their rear coilovers? You could get a set of those and use them with the standard spring.

yeah i spoke with gabe tyler the other day. looking for misc stuff for the front suspension set up. i just got the tockico blues today and there for the camaros. i will play with this setup for now. then prob move on to adjustable rears.

a 240sx has struts in the rear so thats not going to work sorry i have no other info to help your search

thanks didn't even think about it.:o

• 2 weeks later...

I've been running AE86 Tokico Illuminas, p/n BE2694 on my lowered 510 for many years. Another possibility for rear adjustables are Koni Sport (Yellows) for a Mustang, p/n 8041-1026Sport. They are externally adjustable for rebound and are 2" shorter than a Koni Adjustable D (Red) for a 510.

I've been running AE86 Tokico Illuminas, p/n BE2694 on my lowered 510 for many years. Another possibility for rear adjustables are Koni Sport (Yellows) for a Mustang, p/n 8041-1026Sport. They are externally adjustable for rebound and are 2" shorter than a Koni Adjustable D (Red) for a 510.

the only problem with the mustang shock is depending on ride height you can run out of droop in the middle of a corner and lift the inside tire... one of my best friends owns a mustage shop and some of the shock I have looked at when trying to upgrade were longer than others...just my 2 cents :D

will this work on a lowered wagon?

Can not get those Tokico for Camaro, Corona..... anymore

• 4 weeks later...

well i tried it this setup and i cannot find a bushing to fit the bottom of the shock. the ring at the bottom is smaller than normal. does anyone have pics if they have done this mod. it would greatly help.