521 cluster in a 620

Rubberman

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I don't know how it'd get in there. And you loose the option of a tac or built in clock (though there was a rare 521 clock.)

I would be very curious if the whole dash would swap in! 520 dashes were all metal so you'd never have to worry about cracking.

Think how cool it'd be when someone walked up to your 620 and peeked inside and were like "No way!"

I've seen some mini truck guys use 50's dashes in their s-10s and stuff!

Shouldn't be any problems at all-

You just have to disconnect black the plug thing on the 620 side and install the wires 1-by-1 on the 521 gauge side.

(they used the same color wires and same plug, but a different order)

As I recall, if you want to run the black plastic surround for the 521 gauges, you will either need to recess the top of the dash, or make "flares" covering the sides (or both).

(the speedo cable will fit)

Can't wait to see pics of it installed!

Here's pics of the 521 cluster after cleaning it up and painting the trim. I also put these pics in my build thread.

Couldn't find a specific build thread of yours. What I'm curious is if you have a BEFORE shot of the cluster. The AFTER is very nice.

Oh, nothing more? Reason I ask is that the 520/520 and 411 use the same cluster (same part number). I have mine completely disassembled. Tried to brighten the pointers with an orange flourescent marker, but it wouldn't stick. I then painted it w/ Testor's model paint, but it's not real smooth.

Probably just live with it for now until I can find another one in nicer condition.