Speaker sizes 720 kickpanel

izzo

Does anyone know what size of speaker goes in the 720 kick panels, i see the breather holes for htem but not sure what size they are. I am ordering a deck and some speakers for it but im out of daylight :(

I guess if the holes are to small form the results of this question i will have to make some speaker boxes, just afraid to due to no room in the cab as is :

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

look at my thread in the trucks section of the kick panels i made for my 620, i spaced them out so that they fit better, just do that its pretty easy, or i can make you some if you send me a pattern and some cash for materials. the thread is called New 620 "patch" its in the truck section.

510er, that is badass!!!

What kinda cost is materials for that? I will try and pull one of my garbled kick panels out and get some dimensions and good pictures as well. I might even be able to do this myself if i can find a place around here that carries that kind of materials.

Think ill give it a whirl and if i fail have you make them :D Did you just goto like a fabric store or something to get the backing and vinyl?

i went to an upholstery shop i bought enough to make new door panels for my 510 and the vinyl to cover them for like 20 bucks, the glue gets expensive quick, make sure you get high temp so that they dont sag and use ALOT! of it on. I buy it by the gallon and spray it using an ole paint gun my dad gave me. the hardest part really is putting them in haha. if you want to pull out your kick panel and trace it onto a piece of cardboard, including all holes and what not, then send it to me/give it to me when i cruse through portland on the 4th. i would also need pictures of the kick installed of the truck with out it in.

I would Also need to know what speakers you are getting.

I guess all in all with my time included i would make you some for like 25 bucks that way it covers the materials and my efforts :) if you get me all the pics really really good pics and deminsions i could throw them together and just bring them to portland on the 4th otherwise its flat rate box

I used to do a lot of car audio stuff the acoustics of a 720 kick panel are terrible those 6 1/2" speakers buy no means were a screw in deal(unless the panels were cut open) adding spacers let's them fit but then air space is still 0. I have 4 1/2 in the kick panels on my 720 to pretty much fill the hole, and add some midrange. With just those speakers in the kickpanels it would prolly be hard to hear them just driving down the road.

i went to an upholstery shop i bought enough to make new door panels for my 510 and the vinyl to cover them for like 20 bucks, the glue gets expensive quick, make sure you get high temp so that they dont sag and use ALOT! of it on. I buy it by the gallon and spray it using an ole paint gun my dad gave me. the hardest part really is putting them in haha. if you want to pull out your kick panel and trace it onto a piece of cardboard, including all holes and what not, then send it to me/give it to me when i cruse through portland on the 4th. i would also need pictures of the kick installed of the truck with out it in.

I would Also need to know what speakers you are getting.

I guess all in all with my time included i would make you some for like 25 bucks that way it covers the materials and my efforts :) if you get me all the pics really really good pics and deminsions i could throw them together and just bring them to portland on the 4th otherwise its flat rate box

25 bux for two kick panels is a killer deal really, i already purchased a deck i just need to find some good speakers not sure if i should just get midbass speakers for the kick panels and put some tweets on the dash, or get component speakers that have tweet/mid or whatever together

the reason the kick panels are cheap is because I am just learning how to do this, my ole man bought out an upholstery shop a while back and I watch him build lost of bad ass shit, so i figured i could try it and its pretty simple, he gives lots of guidance haha so 25 for now, when they get way better it might be a bit more

Receiver (i know some of you will hate on it, i normally buy pioneer but this kenwood kicks ass)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11767_Kenwood+eXcelon+KDC-X492.html

And some off brand component speakers, all the reviews i read were great. and ive setup a few systems and from past experience these should sound decent in the truck

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7306_Visonik+V650XTC.html

I have a Rockford fosgate amp, need to test it, can use it to push those if needed, its only a 300 watt amp so if it works it should do just fine.

i just had some 4" or 4 1/2 " put in those little tiny spaces by your feet.

That is all that will fit without doing any cutting.

I am sure you cn fit a 6 1/2 " in there if you did some cutting.

And being that they sit so low and down by your feet, they do sound pretty weak, so if you are going to mount them there you may need to put a good amp on them to give them some power.

What I plan on doing is taking out the 4" ones and I am going to modify it to fit a 6 1/2 " but at the same time I am going to angle it up so it will throw the souns up into the cab.

In the king cab there is a little tint space up in the corners where you can pissibly fit a 4x6 possibly.

Then again your best bet is to build something that looks good and will fit the speakers you want, becuase these trucks are not very friendly when it comes to mounting larger speakers in them.

I am also going to add some bass to the system. There is tons of room in the back where the seats are, but I am not too sure I want to take up much space with a box.

So maybe I wil add a 10" in some sort of ported box to get the most bass I can out of a 10" woofer.

When I get it done, I will try to figure out how to finally post some pics on this site.

510er- what kind of glue do you use and what kind of gun do you use. we have an old electric house paint sprayer and would the glue work in that. i have tried quite a few different types of glue but with no luck with any of them. we also dont really have any good upholstery places here too.

sorry these questions are a little off topic but it looks like the original question been answered already and there are a few 720 guys watching this topic. have any of you guys fit any 6x9s in the doors of your 720s? what about the angled truck sub boxes behind the seats. im picking up a std cab one this weekend and would be nice to know before i start tearing stuff apart to measure.

Alright since nobody reads my posts ill write this in crayon

I DID NOT CUT ANYTHING!

I made completly new door panels and spaced the 6.5's out so that they had some air behind them and would fit with out cutting the truck.

DSCF3315.JPG

Final product looks like this

DSCF3314.JPG

here is the one i used for a pattern.

DSCF3316.JPG

Layed out as far our questio goes its totally valid :) I use an old pot style paint gun on a compressor. When you are looking at glues get the kind that is high temperature so that it doesn't sag in the summer at all. There is a place here in spokane http://www.royaluph.com/ call them and talk glue with them they are great.

If you do use a gun you will need to get some kind of compressed nitrogen to blow out the gun when your done is what they told me, I just clean it really good before and after i use it. The nitrogen makes cleaning lots easier