datzenmike what do these numbers on the crank mean?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

u know one other person said junk yard markings on another forum... but datsun mike is right... this crank is sooooooooooooooooooooo clean an shiney, the sucky part is #4 rod bearing was MIA #3 was toast.. but theres do damage that i can see on the crank.. almost like it spun a bearing.. was takin apart.. then put back together an sold

If I'm not mistaken, that should be .010 under on the mains, .020 under on the rods to indicate you need that many thousandths OVER-sized bearings to account for the material they took off the crank. Meaning they spun a bearing, had the crank ground, and probably the middle number is a grind spec number or other shop number for whoever turned the crank.

When I got my z22 crank back, it had similar markings and I chiseled the #4 bearing off the donor crank.

yea mike i love takin shit apart.. how u think i found the number on the crank?? lol, its really a shame bout this motor.. cams are toast.. i found on the #4 rod (the one with no bearign) that when tryin to take the cap off it resists a little.. none of the other caps did that.. so it prolly needs rods, bearings, reground crank.. bla bla bla.. they prolly did have the crank reground an shit an didnt use the right bearings.. an it spun again.. either that or it was done at a shop.. i just wish i knew what the hell the deal was with this motor... i shouldnt care cause im givin it to a friend.. an i only paid 80$ for it.. well and a tranny but i prolly woulda givin him the tranny just cause he needed it anyways