Upgrade your fuse box!

Well I have had this fuse box sittin here collecting dust for a few months waiting for me to install it... its out of a 720, and uses blade fuses, it also has lots of extra space for more circuits... one of which is already labeled "ECU" and another that is labeled "Fuel Pump"!!

It was really simple, easy as installing a stereo! I disconnected the old fuse box, pulled the harness through the fire wall (plenty of length to do so with no stretching or lengthening), wired in the "new" fuse box, drilled 2 holes to bolt it to the passenger side firewall under the glove box and VIOLA!! Presto chango, welcome to the modern world of blade fuses!

Heres the pics. Sorry I did not do pics of the progress but it was so simple I figured it was unnecessary.

PA310665.jpg

PA310666.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

will see what I can do about that pic for you Steve, I'll have to unbolt it from the firewall, there's no plugs on the back, just wires comng out... So to install this it will require some splicing... But oh so worth it. I will also post a pic of the engine bay to show how much cleaner that part is now!

Red, the top of the fuse box has tabs for the relays to snap onto, they are non-standard relays though... So they will require a bit of thinking to figure out, I have 2 of them with plugs I believe... I will post those pics for you to peruse.

Guest DatsuNoob

So, this may sound dumb, but I'll ask anyway on account of my limited electrical experience. How would this work out on a KA swap? I think it would be fine, but then again L motors have alot less shit to wire. I dont wanna spend a million on a painless kit.