diesel?

Roman Tasel

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Acme adaptors makes a kit to mate it to a toyota transmission, so it would be pointing the right way at that point in time. I dont know how many different axle ratios are available for the 620, but in VW land the TDI's you want to end up right around 2200-2500 rpm @ highway speeds.

the main reason I havent gone past 'dreaming' about this setup is the cost of your average used motor set. $3k plus is the going rate...

Anyways, its a fun dream.

Ive got a diesel motor that ive been wondering how hard it would be to install in a 620 truck. Its a Perkins 60hp 4cyl marine engine. Ive got it figured out how to install it, but i can't figure out how to mate a gearbox to it.

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

One of the reasons you didn't find Diesel in Nissan products earlier is that for some reason Nissan gave an exclusive North American distributorship to Chrystler. Importers used to import old London Austin Taxis, order a Nissan Diesel from Chrystler and retrofit the Taxis. They sold many to Arizona resort hotels as customer airport pickup vehicles.

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/...y/media/598505

This guy has a 1.9 TDI (I think thats the big one) and hes got a few mods done to it. If anybodys ever tried turning 40 inch boggers then this video is actually pretty damn impressive. Ill bet it would make a 620 scoot with the right gearing.

Heres the build thread

http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=8144&page=12