I NEED PARTS....HELP ME! 73 Lil Hustler

hi, my 73 lil hustler needs a new hood, new windshield, new right side door crank and glass.

thats all i need, but it has been a total bitch finding anything. my truck is named dottie, and she is 100 percent mechanically perfect, but needs some

exterior love. she is my daily driver.

can anyone help?

kikioreekee@gmail.com

im over at old datsun pickup lovers, but so far no go with them. i am not going to do any mods on dottie, but she needs a serious facelift. im also really cold driving around without a window!

HELP me if you can, will you???

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum!

The answer is yes....you can put a 77 620 hood on a 73 620. :D

Can we have pics pleeeze? ;)

hi, my 73 lil hustler needs a new hood, new windshield, new right side door crank and glass.

thats all i need, but it has been a total bitch finding anything. my truck is named dottie, and she is 100 percent mechanically perfect, but needs some

exterior love. she is my daily driver.

can anyone help?

kikioreekee@gmail.com

im over at old datsun pickup lovers, but so far no go with them. i am not going to do any mods on dottie, but she needs a serious facelift. im also really cold driving around without a window!

HELP me if you can, will you???

hi folks! thanks so much for the quick replies!

i will be investigating the 77 hood as it is in palmdale, kind of close to me.

i will post pics, but dottie is my passion and she aint pretty. i drive her everyday and some people love her, but she is an eyesore to most.

2009 is "The Year of Dottie". No new paint (horror!) but new things that need to be replaced. The window is killing me as it falls down off the piece of wood I use to keep it open and then boy, do i look like serious white trash.

Well it keeps the Mercedes and BMW peeps away from me!

if anyone has leads on any of the parts I need, please let me know.

thanks!

Probably more than most would want to pay, but there's a listing for 'new tinted 620 windshields' on Ebay right now starting at $89 with 0 bids, but only 12 hours left as of this post. Probably will relist though cause the ad says they have 5. Pay heed to what they say about shipping though, that's the killer. I personally have never noticed listings for 620 windshields (probably because of the shipping difficulty and price - ya think?)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-79-Datsun-620-Pick-Up-New-tint-Windshields-89-EA_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a543Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem270324700768QQitemZ270324700768QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

my god, thats a lot of money. i only have a hairline crack so i wont be taking them up on that "deal".

looks like the guy with the hood wants 200, which is totally fine with me.

its close and i cant take not being able to open my hood. i had to take the grill off to access the latch, so the whole truck is looking even scarier than she truly is. the grill will be very happy to get out of the kitchen!

but i still really need the window glass and crank, i have the glass secured with rubber tip clamps (real pretty) for now.

thanks folks!

QUOTE]

mechanism inside the door that makes the glass go up and down (or both?)?

From a couple of your follow up posts, it sounds like maybe there's nothing inside the door holding up the glass - if that's the issue, you need the regulator......

I've got a spare crank and a spare right side window, but the glass has a vertical scratch in it that's too deep to polish out. If you need the regulator, it sounds like time for a trip to P&P/Pull a Part.

HPIM2296.jpg

HPIM2301.jpg

hi folks! here are a couple of dottie, one of the double clamp method of holding a piece of glass up! thanks to some cool guys on this site, i got a new hood and door regulator and door glass!

after reading all your posts i have gotten motivated and have decided to make dottie beautiful. i need three exterior parts to be able to paint her-

the panel under the front bumper and a tailgate. both of those are dented and wont be able to be straightened/removed.

she is a 73 620 lil hustler. and NO i will not be removing her super excellent lil hustler banner!

thanks again everyone!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.