Sick 610 thats for sale!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

Very cool car. Although for that price, I would expect at least sports suspension, coil overs, camber plates, sway bars, some extras.

For 10,000 I want a car that I can drive and feel it is fine, nothing needed. This car needs respect, it needs to be lowered with quality suspension parts.

To preserve the stock look, if that is what the seller wants, I would have the stock steel wheels stretched, and use the stock hub caps. That would look tough, yet stock.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

In general, an original survivor; ie, a car not restored and completely original is always going to be worth more than a modified car in the same kind of condition....I'm talking in good shape. Watch the auctions...the hot rods always in general, go for much less than the completely stock cars.

In general, an original survivor; ie, a car not restored and completely original is always going to be worth more than a modified car in the same kind of condition....I'm talking in good shape. Watch the auctions...the hot rods always in general, go for much less than the completely stock cars.

thats because the completly stock cars are the ultimate starting point for a hotrod :lol: ive always felt stock is overrated :P

Mikko.

I hear you, and I agree a collector's car is best unmodified. In this case, a 610 is a cool car, but most japanese car enthusiasts want to modify their cars to some degree.

In an older japanese car, I would keep it in unmodified state if it was pristine. That said, I would improve the suspension a little bit. I would not deem safe a 1974 car with shocks, struts, and tires from back that time.

The car can remain in stock condition, at least the looks, while modern struts, rear shocks, better springs and radial tires would improve its driveability and its safety.

Even back in the day, as it is the case today, there were sport or tuned versions of most popular cars. In New Zeland there was a cool Datsun 1200 with factory twin carbs by Weber. The car had suspension improvements and a sport package and it was developed by a known NZ racer of the time ( dang! can't remember the name.)

Following that frame of mind,some improvements do not undermine the quality of a car. This Datsun 610, with better springs, struts, shocks, added camber plates and heftier sway bars would be a safer car, would look nicer, and would perform great.

The alternative is to keep it in a show room, with its 1970's ply rating tires and spongy suspension ( spongy after all this years.

Yes, if I want a great car, I would rather see it with no modifications, that would allow me to make a better asessment of its condition. Following that thought, I would like to buy this car as it is, but the price is high. That is why I said, for 10,000 dollars, I would expect some extras. For 10,000 dollars this 610 either has some extra accesories that justify investment, or this 610 is stock, but it has a rebuilt engine, rebuilt suspension, new rubber trim, all to stock specifications.

I agree with you, taking into account the price of the car, the condition, and the kind of vehicle.

This 610, in my view, as it is, is worth 5, 6K. Stretching it, 7K. There is no justification for a 10,000 dollar price tag.

Well said.:thumbup:

Naturally everybody can do what ever they want with their cars. I'm not judging anybody.

Personally I like it the original way. But of course I would replace, for example worn out shocks, with new units similar to the original ones. Driving with spongy suspension would be just stupid. And dangerous.

Modifications can look good too. Maybe some period style wide 14" steel rims etc. Some modern 18" wheels would just look stupid IMHO.

Guest jaimesix

I agree with you Mikko on that wheel size issue. I have been an adamant defender of small diametre wheels on classic Datsuns. We are on the same page there.

Barabuda is right on his comment too, the american public is just about understanding japanese classic cars. Hitherto, a classic japanese car was seen as an opportunity to muster a home build racer car, or a wannabie racer.

The tide is changing, slowly, and now we can see a mixture of performance and classic style. I am afraid by the time the taste cultures into a fancy for the classic japanese cars, there will be none left around. Most are dissappearing into the jaws of the smog nazis looking for this classics to dissappear, so the owners replace them with smog and state fees paying vehicles ( unlike exempted classics ), or into the hands of motor swapping defacing guys.

A car that is in bad shape, could be used as a performance experiment, but the intact vehicles should be appreciated as such. Time will tell.

On the issue of value of the cars, and the value of this 610 in particular, the value I am refering to is the market value. I think this 610 is worth 10,000 dollars if indeed in such shape as the seller attests. One thing is the real value, another one is the market value.

In market value, it will be very difficult to sell that 610 at 10,000 dollars. At 5, 6 or 7, it can get sold. That is what the market would pay for it. I do not agree with market values in many circumstances, some vehicles are overpriced, while others are underpriced.

So let me straighten the concept, the market value of this 610 , in my view, lays between 5 to 7 thousand.

In real value, it is worth more, because it is a rare 610 ( dashboard, injection, steering wheel, etc...) with the added feature of being a original JDM vehicle with right hand drive configuration.

That is why I never sell any of my cars, my classic cars. It is not worth it. In market value prices, for example, my 710 would be worth, 2, maybe 3 thousand. I do not care, I would nort sell my car ( and I do not want to anyways ) for misery 3000 dollars. What can I buy with that trash money, :confused: a spare tire and wheel for a GTR ??? :lol: The amount of satisfaction and enjoyment I get from my car far exceeds its uneducated american market value.

I am afraid , like I mentioned before, that in the US, appreciation of these cars will come at the same time these cars dissappear from the market. America is a land of spoiled "instant satisfaction" people. Appreciation is more of a nostalgia thing, that appears after something has become extinct. I remembner the rotary Mazdas, the RX2, RX3,RX4 and R100 cars. Nobody gave a dam about them. Now, there is a small number of those in the hands of non appreaciative people that have transformed them into barbie doll stages. That is, the very few surviving. The rest , the new appreciative people ( Mazda wise ) are left only to wish and wonder about those cars that once were so common on the land as VW bugs in Mexico.

Perhaps today's financial crisis will add some restraint to the american way of seing things.

Jaime.____________________________________________________

I am afraid , like I mentioned before, that in the US, appreciation of these cars will come at the same time these cars dissappear from the market.

That is what happened in Finland, let

Edited by mikko1200
text edited for better readability.
America is a land of spoiled "instant satisfaction" people.

I couldn't agree more, Sir.

The selfishness, dishonor, dishonesty, and disrespect of most of us here

gets to me almost everyday, and I was born here.

I personally feel you reap what you sow.

And we are seriously about to get ours.

Guest jaimesix

I hope that dork that broadsoded Bonvo will buy him this car.:mad: That is the least she can do, even if she has to sell her home, her suburban, and sell tamales for the next 10 years at Dodge's Stadium!

I hope that dork that broadsoded Bonvo will buy him this car.:mad: That is the least she can do, even if she has to sell her home, her suburban, and sell tamales for the next 10 years at Dodge's Stadium!

i second that though it would take me a few to get used to rhd

Yes, the 1600 SSS-E is indeed the rarest of them all. Very seldom I hear about a 1600 , much less the 1600 SSS-E

I saw a picture of one in England. I have a german ad that shows the 1800 SSS with FI factory, at least that confirms Germany got the FI SSS 1800 Datsuns.

I would like to find a official Nissan Datsun catalog showing all the variants and engines the different Datsun models sported around the world.

i'm not sure if the 1600sss-e is the rarest of them all. ht or 4dr? are you talking about production #'s or are you talking about survivors? i'm not sure it's something that can be known

i didn't know the uk or germany got a factory efi 610, or are you thinking of something else?

i have never heard of a datsun catalog that covered all models worldwide. most likely there was a database that categorized worldwide sales

Guest jaimesix
i'm not sure if the 1600sss-e is the rarest of them all. ht or 4dr? are you talking about production #'s or are you talking about survivors? i'm not sure it's something that can be known

i didn't know the uk or germany got a factory efi 610, or are you thinking of something else?

i have never heard of a datsun catalog that covered all models worldwide. most likely there was a database that categorized worldwide sales

Hi.

I do not know if in absolute numbers Nissan produced less 1600SSS units than 1800's , but for sure those are the least seen today.

I have a couple sales brochures from Germany that show the EFI cars, with the orange intake system, like the 10,000 dollar 610 for sale up north.

In UK it was an option, as such, many opted for the cheaper versions, but it was offered in the EFI form too up there.

About a Datsun worldwide catalog, I do not know if it was ever available to the public, probably not, but corporate officers at Datsun/Nissan headquarters ( not regional offices like US, South America, Australia, etc ) must have been aware that certain cars of a particular model where offered in different configurations in different areas of the planet. Somebody must have decided that, for example, a 510 should be sold with a J series push rod engine in South America, while the same car was to be sold with an L series OHC engine in North America.

There has to be ( perhaps not anymore, those french dorks that pervasively have infiltrated Nissan must have destroyed old records in the same fashion they destroyed old Datsun parts data bases:mad: )... a document, for corporate use, that would show them how to allocate resources and parts to different parts of the world based on these configuration differences within one single car model.

There has to be a guide that shows this differences, I can not believe that a corporation with such worldwide magnitude would take care of all this complication by word of mouth, without visualizing the endeavor.

The Holly Grail:)