What is this tranny ??

Here’s the picture 

it’s  the only one I got 

friend of a friend so I didn’t speak with his myself .. he’s very sure it came out of a Datsun.. By his collection I would tend to believe him but ..  bellhousing looks weird to me 

XWCUUQP.jpeg

,,what it is and what it might fit ?? 

I should add,, he says it’s a 5 speed but I can’t confirm that either. 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, bananahamuck said:

Here’s the picture 

it’s  the only one I got 

friend of a friend so I didn’t speak with his myself .. he’s very sure it came out of a Datsun.. By his collection I would tend to believe him but ..  bellhousing looks weird to me 

XWCUUQP.jpeg

If you read any of my Zoning posts, then you know I am being forced to police my shit. If you can get down to Boise soon, I have a transmission and transfer case out of a D21. Help me get if off the KA it is attached to (The engine, trans, transfer are in the back of my truck) and you can have it. The only kicker is that it has to happen pretty quick. I will probably try to sell it on Marketplace, if you are not interested. (I pulled the bellhousing bolts from the engine block, but am having hell wrestling the engine around disconnecting it from the block, I am missing something simple and can't get the transmission separated from the block. I am tired of fucking with it)

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

Here’s the picture 

it’s  the only one I got 

XWCUUQP.jpeg

The only Datsun 5 speeds I am aware of that came with a removable bellhousing are the T5 from a 280zx turbo and the real early 2000 roadsters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's definitely NOT a T5 or 71C transmission. It's old to be having what looks like a steel main body, most are all aluminum now and probably a 4 speed, I doubt it's a 5 speed and almost certainly NOT Nissan.  

20 hours ago, datzenmike said:

T-5 is also a top loader, no other Datsun I know of was until the '84 300z 71C. 

Having thought about this over night there were two other top loaders. There may be more prior to the mid '60s, my info does not go much farther back.

1/ Through to Sept '65 the 520 had them later switching to the later 510/521 'A' shifter style.

2/ The '60's Patrol