Hi Press. Oil pump

22 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Datsun 1600 is what they call a 510 in Austraila

Datsun 1600 Roadster could be the same but Im sure they use the same single points/ .condensor set up I bet inside. Single point type and fit the same Pertronix kit would work.  Just the drive part is different

I stop while you ahead.

Maybe I should get this kit for my 510 as I run dual Mikunis.

where this come from ? link  OK I see it now.

Really that much of a difference??????????????

Yes, it’s a noticeable difference…but I was also talking mostly about the original 1600 compared to this z24 Frankenstein…

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Datsun 1600 is what they call a 510 in Austraila

Datsun 1600 Roadster could be the same but Im sure they use the same single points/ .condensor set up I bet inside. Single point type and fit the same Pertronix kit would work.  Just the drive part is different

I stop while you ahead.

Maybe I should get this kit for my 510 as I run dual Mikunis.

where this come from ? link  OK I see it now.

Like everyone raves about a new Weber 32/36. But they are comparing to a seriously clapped out Hitachi. It definitely runs better.

It's also never been explained to me why bringing the mechanical advance in earlier makes it perform better. Not saying it doesn't, why do makers delay the advance then in the first place that you have to 'fix' it?????

On 7/7/2024 at 12:54 AM, Ranman72 said:

L28 turbo pump is what i was told Rebello uses 

and i have heard the Ka pump is comparable and works 

I've looked at both by part numbers and the trochoid pump rotors are a different part number. Not saying one is better or not.

Stock “smog” roadsters are timed to 0 with a 17 degree cam. They run like dog shit. After that recurve kit with the advanced idle timing, it becomes a whole new car. (I think mine is timed to 16.)

14 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Like everyone raves about a new Weber 32/36. But they are comparing to a seriously clapped out Hitachi. It definitely runs better.

It's also never been explained to me why bringing the mechanical advance in earlier makes it perform better. Not saying it doesn't, why do makers delay the advance then in the first place that you have to 'fix' it?????

It has something to do with the cylinder filling at a certain rate.

Why did the factory not do this? Who the fuck knows? Would having an answer to that question change your mind?

• Like 1
16 hours ago, datzenmike said:

This^^^

After all these years trying, I still can't convince you that a recurve will waken up an L motor. You still throw that factory knows best in my face as proof that the mod can't be worth it.

A co-worker and I recently had a similar argument about a problem and he kept asking me what will it hurt to try that [solution}? I said, I don't know, but because I don't know, you think you're right. Winning an argument isn't the same as proving or disproving a theory. It just means you're a better debater.

• Like 1
On 7/12/2024 at 9:40 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:
On 7/11/2024 at 6:18 PM, banzai510(hainz) said:

I've been beating this dead horse for a while now.

Stoff

So I have 2 SSS distributors in the box. If I reuse my Pertronix think this would be a GOOD improvement? meaning worth my time swapping it out. I got a L20 dist in there from who knows where ,But I like the bigger cap.

Cam, dual Mukunis on this set up

• Like 2

The stock curve has the timing come in too late, and by advancing the base timing, you get more throttle response right off the line.

Loosening the springs make the curve give more timing at low to mid RPMs which helps there as well.

Yes, it is an improvement. I've never liked looking at the large distributor cap. It seems awkward in a 510.

• Like 2
On 7/12/2024 at 11:39 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I know, you did say "not saying it doesn't", but it still feels like you're not convinced.

No no no.... overwhelmingly it's always been said to me that bringing in the advance earlier than 3K? increases performance. I accept that this is probably true. I'm saying no one has ever explained why, or why do the car makers delay that advance and hurt the performance then, and we have to correct it??? Not saying they 'know best' 

• Like 1

Good! an answer as there is. Most of an engine's life is well below 3k.

I can see where as the revs go up there is less and less time to get all the fuel burned.

• Like 1