720 body question

Hello,

There is no hole in this 720 fender for the antenna.

Did some of these units come from the factory without a radio?

Thanks

DSC03149

MM

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/25/2024 at 5:36 AM, powderfinger said:

Maybe the fender has been replaced at some point. My 86 720 ST came with the antenna embedded in the windshield instead of on the fender.

On 6/25/2024 at 5:49 AM, datzenmike said:

The late 720 had antenna wires in the glass.

Thank you guys.

Here is my antenna.I just had a new Kenwood put in it,also had new antenna cable installed too.The antenna was this way when I bought it in 94.Guy worked at Radio shack,that I bought truck from..All electronis were radio shack,including alarm system.Had Optumus cassette player in it.,and speakers.I think people back then were putting alarm systems in  them.It didn't have a passenger side mirror.Guess they were options.I bought one from Nissan in 95 and put it on.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
On 6/24/2024 at 9:59 PM, MachineMan said:

Hello,

There is no hole in this 720 fender for the antenna.

Did some of these units come from the factory without a radio?

Thanks

DSC03149

MM

You need to peek at my 4runner fender cut thread. I think it's on TTORA.

Yep, here it is - https://www.ttora.com/threads/4runner-fender-mods-101.164292/

Hey Stoff, I bought this little 720 and have to sell my 85" 4runner.

I'm in the Valley,.... any help would finding it a new home would be great. 

Any ideas?

• Like 1

Yeah, there are a ton of FB Toyota crawler pages, though I don't do FB anymore, they seem to reach out to lots of people. Otherwise,if it's even remotely presentable, Bring A Trailer. Toyota first gen 4runners are pretty hot right now.

How modded is it? This isn't a trick question, but for resale, the fewer mods, the better. I'd actually be interested if it were mostly stock or gently modified.

• Thanks 1

It's been lifted, it's on 33" tires, nice aluminum rims, (5 of them), has a roof rack.

I have a pair of extra doors, "wing window doors", an extra tailgate, a bunch of interior parts,

an extra passenger side front fender, two new headlights, and two new KC look alikes.

And some more odds and ends.

It is rough, no doubt about that.

Was owned by a guy in Utah,.... it got passed around a group of off road friends.

I took a bus up there and drove back down it here almost 5 years ago.

• Like 1

Early 720's, Datsuns had antennas on the A pillar, so no cutout on the fender.  ST's and maybe some others, had an antenna in the windshield, but also had an antenna on the fender.  The fender antenna, seems to be made of fiberglass like material.

I'm assuming the ST antenna, had some kind of foil on the outside of the antenna when new, but usually worn off after all these years.

Just quick looking at NissanPartsDeal, ST antenna's seem to be a different part number from the base or other trucks that wouldn't have the ST radio.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can go on Ebay ,it is showing a 86 passenger side fender for sale,looks original.It has no hole and antenna.If you were to get another fender get a used oem.one.The after market ones don't line up with hood, door and bumper.I had one put on from body shop.They didn't not want to mess with after market parts.I also bought some front bumper ends and they don't match up with my bumper.My back new lights look good but the passenger side hole on the truck had to be enlarged to fit.No holes are in the after market passenger side front fenders.Buy oem.

• Thanks 1