Help/Advice

Hey all, I'm a 25 year old mail man, no wife or kids, just apartment with my girlfriend and dog. I'm really looking to potentially buy a 620, I've been seeing them the last few months, did a little research of what they COULD be and i fell in love. I'm lost though, with no experience besides oil changes, changing brakes and headlights among other basics on my 1999 Nissan Frontier, I feel like i have no way to know where to start my journey on how to acquire, maintain and enjoy a Datsun 620. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

🥐

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Cruhsaunt said:

Hey all, I'm a 25 year old mail man, no wife or kids, just apartment with my girlfriend and dog. I'm really looking to potentially buy a 620, I've been seeing them the last few months, did a little research of what they COULD be and i fell in love. I'm lost though, with no experience besides oil changes, changing brakes and headlights among other basics on my 1999 Nissan Frontier, I feel like i have no way to know where to start my journey on how to acquire, maintain and enjoy a Datsun 620. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

🥐

I'd say pay up front for a good one and the just maintain from there.....

Go for a later model 620, you get disk brakes , ball joints and possibly a 5spd.... 

The basics will keep in alive... .

39 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Living in CA, you'll have to bring it in for smog testing every two years. If you want to avoid that, get an early 620. The early ones weren't the best 620's, as the later ones had a king cab, ball joints and disc brakes.

Good point forgot about the smog testing....

'78-'79 were disc brakes and ball joint suspension that really trumps worn king pins. If you get one make sure it passes emissions before you pay for it. One little part missing and it fails the visual even if it would pass the sniffer.

Once running and passed emissions it's easy enough to keep the emissions systems working.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...