Headlight Relay 69 510

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25230-28000

Used on the Roadster and 521 Also on the 620 through '74. However I think some had the plug like yours and some had the wires plug into terminals on the relay itself. Also some show only 4 wires.

I think the best thing is to get a later 6 wire relay and you may have to wire it in.

2 wires to power the coil inside. Green/Blue and Black/Red

2 wires make contact when coil inactive, disconnect when coil powered. Red/Black and Red/Black

2 wires make contact when coil activated, disconnected when coil not powered. Red/White and Red/White

Yes I think so. The left most terminal is power. The middle one is low beam and the right side is hi beam and both go to ground through the relay that selects either hi or low beams.

If just the plastic is damaged you can use a straitened hair pin to depress the barb that holds the terminal in and pull it out. Check that the barb is in position and push it onto the new connector and it will click and lock in place. If not salvageable be sure to solder any connection. Before hand slip a piece of heat shrink tubing on to make this a water proof seal.

As Hainz points out, if you are running more powerful lamps, you should re-wire in a more modern relay, as datzenmike points out.  There are diagrams on how to do this online.

If you are running sealed beams, the stock relay can be used.  If that is the case, I will likely have a USED relay, but they ALL need to be opened up & cleaned etc, cuz they are 50+ years old!