KA24E Z24 internal engine parts

When I started rebuilding the KA24E I looked to use many of the internal engine parts for the Z24 I was previously engaged. My confusion is with two of the valves and springs. Every aftermarket parts manufacturer of valves, springs, valve seats etc. lists different part numbers for the KA24E and Z24. I called the valve supplier and specifically asked if the valves were the same and they said the are listed differently, so I ordered new valves and springs. Today, while on Nissanpartsdeals, I came across the exploded parts diagrams for the KA24E and the Z24, the part numbers for two of the three KA24E valves/springs are the same as the Z24. Now, Nissanpartsdeals only provides a five digit code on their diagrams and usually, there are prefix and suffix numbers for exact valve identification.

Can anyone confirm the valves/springs of the Z24 and KA24E (two of the three) are the same or not?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The KA-E intake valves are smaller so no way that huge Z24 intake spring is the same.

The KA-E exhaust valves are unique to the KA24E engine.

Z24

13203-W0400  intake spring outer (also same as the exhaust)

13204-W7000  intake spring inner (also same as the exhaust)

KA24E

13203-40F11 exhaust spring outer (made in Japan)

13204-86G11 exhaust spring inner (made in Mexico)

You'll note that the 13203 and 13204 are the same for both engines. The first two digits are the section number. 13 is Cam and Valve Section and 200- is Valve Parts. So all valves will start 13 and a 2?? depending on the valve

13204-40F01 exhaust spring inner (made in Japan)

13204-86G01 exhaust spring inner (made in Mexico)

• Like 2

Ok, I know next to nothing about the Z24 cylinder heads, but I do know a lot about both bottom ends, and no, there are almost zero interchangeable parts between the two. The rods are skinnier, the crank has a completely different snout, the bearings are all different, timing chain on a KA is single row, etc. The oil pumps are interchangeable and maybe the rod and main bolts. That's about it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

The KA-E intake valves are smaller so no way that huge Z24 intake spring is the same.

Z24

KA24E

You'll note that the 13203 and 13204 are the same for both engines. The first two digits are the section number. 13 is Cam and Valve Section and 200- is Valve Parts. So all valves will start 13 and a 2?? depending on the valve

1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Ok, I know next to nothing about the Z24 cylinder heads, but I do know a lot about both bottom ends, and no, there are almost zero interchangeable parts between the two. The rods are skinnier, the crank has a completely different snout, the bearings are all different, timing chain on a KA is single row, etc. The oil pumps are interchangeable and maybe the rod and main bolts. That's about it.

All is good. DatzenMike for the WIN! Yes, I was focusing on the first numbers. The KA valves I ordered arrived today and are different than the Z24 valves (both valves are from Si) When I ran across the Nissan catalog (that provided the first numbers only) I thought a money mistake had been made and I don't have money for mistakes. Problem solved-Thank you

• Like 1
17 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Z24

KA24E

It is my understanding that valve retainers, valve keepers and collet valves are the same thing. For the Z24, collet valves are part number 13210-U0100. There is conflicting information on different websites whether this collet valve is suitable for the KA24E. Do you know the answer?

The KA intake valves are smaller diameter an so are the springs collets and retainers. They have to be because there isn't enough room for two valves and the lighter smaller valve doesn't need a stronger spring.  The exhaust might. but a search shows different part numbers. The last thing you want it to try and make something work and have a valve drop into the cylinder. The Z24 is not a high revving engine, doesn't make a lot of power but makes lots of torque at low revs. 

• Like 1