Drain plug thread

ducky

Hey all. I was planning to get a Fumoto valve before my next oil change, so I started checking what the drain plug thread is for my truck. It's a 76 with the L20B. Everything I see is pointing to a M16.4-1.33?!? What is that even?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I answered my own question. It's PF-3/8, as Fumoto themselves tell me. Apparently, PF is Japanese Industrial Standard parallel pipe thread, or I guess straight pipe thread. Looks like it's just the same as British Standard Pipe Thread (BSPT, or more accurately BSPP of the parallel kind). Super weird.

Pipe_Thread_size_chart.pdf

13 hours ago, ducky said:

I answered my own question. It's PF-3/8, as Fumoto themselves tell me. Apparently, PF is Japanese Industrial Standard parallel pipe thread, or I guess straight pipe thread. Looks like it's just the same as British Standard Pipe Thread (BSPT, or more accurately BSPP of the parallel kind). Super weird.

Pipe_Thread_size_chart.pdf 197.25 kB · 0 downloads

I know I bought a drain plug for my L16 and I'm 99% sure it was the m16.4x1.33....

I remember it being wierd....

Is there a way to compare the threads to pf-3/8?

Edited by Crashtd420
1 minute ago, Crashtd420 said:

Pitch looks the same but the pf-3/8 says the outside diameter is m16.66 vs m16.4? 

Might be worth it to send them an email.... 

In reality it's only .010 bigger so it should be fine.... probably just a slightly tighter tolerance....

I ended up ordering it yesterday, so when it shows up, I'll do the oil change and see. I expect it'll be fine. Just super weird size.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, ducky said:

I ended up ordering it yesterday, so when it shows up, I'll do the oil change and see. I expect it'll be fine. Just super weird size.

Definitely a wierd size but I think you'll be ok as well.....