Picture of a stock 510 with an L16 oil pan.

RLJ

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The L series was used in the 510/610/710/S10 and A10 and they all are similar steering and cross member but different. Even side by side it would be hard to tell.

Do you have the oil pick up tube to go with the pan? All 510/610/710 and S10 will work. Only the A10 is different.

Was told the one I have wasn’t from a 510. The front off the sump area was beat in. Was told that probably done to clear the front cross member. 
I looked at the one that was in the car when I got it and it pretty much looked the same. From what you’re saying it’s tough to see the difference if they were side by side. I do have the pick up tube. 
Looked under a lowered 510 that I could barely see the oil pan and did notice drain plug was in the bottom of the pan sump not the rear like the ones I have. Is that the correct one for a 510?

That picture looks like the pan of the 510 I looked at with the drain plug location in the middle of the sump. My other pans have a much larger notch in the rear of the pan for the steering gear. Like the whole sump area is shifted more towards the rear. 
Going to be looking for one like in the picture with a pick up. 

The pic iceman posted is for a 510 chassis.  There were TWO 510 drain plug positions.............slightly angled bottom side & slightly angled bottom rear.  My 1973 510 is on the side, but the car was modified by the previous owner.  I think the rear was 68-71 & the side was 72-73, but they interchange.  The 510 pan had that ~2inch concave at the rear, to clear the steering center link.  The trucks did not have that concave, as the steering link was up front.