Fuel problem

DwayneOxford

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What you describe is impossible. If 2psi* at banjo and you can blow air into the float chamber it should fill with gas.

* should be 2.7-3.4psi.

Take the hose off the carburetor and direct into a suitable container.  Pull the coil wire off, you don't want it starting. Turn the engine with the starter. Fuel should GUSH strongly into container. It should deliver 1.4 liters in one minute or less.

Lightly tap the top of the banjo fitting with a hammer to try and dislodge the needle valve first. Once loose it should be ok.

70 is... filter 16098-H7201

78 is... needle valve 16101-10W00 This is for California emissions carb but should be the same.

• Like 1

Thanx Mike. I'll put #s on exploded drawing.

Whatever caused the hang up prob let it happen agin.

I think something happened to the clip that lets the float pull it down. Float looks to be on bottom. Wish it had the full glass front.

Got some other carbs, took best looking valve out.

They're a pain to get clip hooked to float w/carb mounted. I've misput my holding tweezers that I need for that. Learned hard about taking front off when mounted too. #76 departs for parts unknown down below. That's a POOR design there. A groove around float shaft with a lil wire clip woulda been SOO much better. All around, Subaru is the best engineered of the Jap units. They'll spoil you on other stuff

There seems to be a law about dropped parts and it even applies to tools as well. I call it the Universal Centering Constant. It states that: Any thing dropped while working on a Datsun/Nissan, will inevitably gravitate it's way to the floor and roll to a position equidistant from all four sides.

• Haha 3
On 12/11/2023 at 8:29 PM, datzenmike said:

There seems to be a law about dropped parts and it even applies to tools as well. I call it the Universal Centering Constant. It states that: Any thing dropped while working on a Datsun/Nissan, will inevitably gravitate it's way to the floor and roll to a position equidistant from all four sides.

I like this law but yeah mine is the law of improbable arrangement. Which states that anything dropped in on or around a darsun/nissan will invariably make its way to the most improbable, invisible and impossible to reach location before coming to a stop. But the universe isn't clever enough to thwart me so easily now I know whenever I drop anything to immediately start looking in all the places I can't see.. 

On 12/11/2023 at 2:28 PM, datzenmike said:

Lightly tap the top of the banjo fitting with a hammer to try and dislodge the needle valve first. Once loose it should be ok.

78 is... needle valve 16101-10W00 This is for California emissions carb but should be the same.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/335119005469?epid=20025109636&hash=item4e06a6371d:g:ws4AAOSwYdNise4O&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4GvRW%2BBitlqI3SDrd%2F9mfawkpGz5IlFD701uWkZxE%2F4rmHpKkbRZTkulUtiEUbTBjiPc7CjKn8yjllCze%2BU55DYo1%2BJf0KmJO69kT1hzoXa8GiQR%2BchbVv39Lyp3r%2FoV2idKIB6JjQJljecjk6J6Kbxj83MSyDN4%2F7CHQjlHmEHdQVVFdcUPavENG5WgLrHq8O9gmqyyQwT5kLAybAzfYfYQUJkEj7InJ%2FUQh6aCbZescQS3jqmJfbrUEgY0ALAzp%2BmwmujNnwOmox8lJ%2BpTT4pRbYvyOrJJjYh7NgIv9cdI|tkp%3ABFBMyLLCs5Bj

Edited by DwayneOxford
new info
On 12/13/2023 at 3:50 PM, datzenmike said:

Lost a socket once. Gave up looking. Found it years later when I pulled the engine.

This is hilarious and has happened to me with a wrench. You may remeber back a year or so ago I also had lost the pin from the bottom of the shifter in the 720.. I found it a week or Two later sitting there under the trans on a crossmember. How it managed to stay there at interstate speeds with the suspension (or lack there of) on the 720 still mystifies me 

• Like 1

It's amazing how stuff'll ride if you're driving sensibly. Got several stories about that. Worst drop I ever did was a detent ball into a 13 spd. big truck trans. We drained the oil, ran magnet into the sump 1st, no find. Jacked one side of drive axles up, rolled thru each gear, no find. Don't know where it went but we prayed and ran it. Never found it.

• Like 1

68 Chevy, 4X4 pickup. Still had the rain gutter above the windshield. I was helping my cousin move about 10 miles. My hip pocket had ripped out, so I took the wallet and put it in my shirt pocket. I lost my wallet while in the back of the pickup, couldn't find it. At freeway speeds I went into Albany from Jefferson (about 3 miles at speeds up to 55 mph on old highway 99, about 5 miles at speeds up to 70 mph on the freeway, 2 miles through Albany at speeds about 35 mph). While unloading (no canopy) I found my wallet. It had settled in the rain gutter above the windshield and STAYED there. God was taking care of me that day as I don't know what I would have done without my wallet. It had credit cards, cash (50 years ago when cash was almost all I had) and my drivers license in it, among other things.

Don

Edited by 620slodat
  • Like 1

Back when America was still great.

In late 70s, was running up I-65 in KY one night, having a big time on CB, boy I was running with needed coffee. He talked me into stopping with him. He was paying, I was standing back, our waitress stepped up and asked if either of us had lost our wallet. Checked, wasn't in pocket. She asked what it looked like, told her it was laced around with buck deer on it, she held it out, I took it, opened it handed her a 5. Told him I needed to go to the store. Got a chain drive wallet, never ever lost agin.

On 12/11/2023 at 2:28 PM, datzenmike said:

Know any sources for filter besides Nissan Parts Deal?

Edited by DwayneOxford
Add.