Trim level for 84 720

Berkybot

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just read a site that said the ST models came with standard power windows.Type in Datsun trucks then click on the site by the orange truck then stroll down and click on Datsun/Nissan 720 and read on your ST and other models.My 85 Deluxe 4x4 didn't come with a clock but I put one in it.Someone put them ST stickers on your truck.I put 4x4 stickers on mine.

mRu94lN.jpg

G5r7AE6.jpg

100_8837.jpg.9aff9fa588fbd791d4d018cb38c4abad.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins

Of the survivors that wind up in the JunkYards, most ST's don't have Power Windows or Power Door Locks.  Both those options very well may have been sold/available together.

Some nearly 40 years later, nearly anything could have been added to the truck.  I suppose, if you can't see the shadows of the ST decals on the bed, very well possible the bed was changed or repainted as well.

ST's had fabric seats.  ST's had trim panels on the face of the dash, where the non-ST's will have a grooved texture on the face.
4x4 ST's would have black bumpers, both front and rear.

Pictures of the dash/seats/door panels.  

Oh, the mirrors on the door would be black rather than the chrome back that is more common on all the non ST trucks.  There are  couple more options, that just aren't coming to mind right now.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, datzenmike said:

All 4x4s had blacked out front/rear bumpers.

Oh, didn't realize that!  Looking at pics just now, the vast majority of pics have blacked out front/rear bumpers, which should lead one to believe, blacked out was the norm.  I did see a few chrome front/rear bumpers, but those must have been changed by one of the owners over the past 3.5 decades

22 hours ago, 720_Jeff said:

Of the survivors that wind up in the JunkYards, most ST's don't have Power Windows or Power Door Locks.  Both those options very well may have been sold/available together.

Some nearly 40 years later, nearly anything could have been added to the truck.  I suppose, if you can't see the shadows of the ST decals on the bed, very well possible the bed was changed or repainted as well.

ST's had fabric seats.  ST's had trim panels on the face of the dash, where the non-ST's will have a grooved texture on the face.
4x4 ST's would have black bumpers, both front and rear.

Pictures of the dash/seats/door panels.  

Oh, the mirrors on the door would be black rather than the chrome back that is more common on all the non ST trucks.  There are  couple more options, that just aren't coming to mind right now.

Thing is it has a flatbed, so no chance of ST sticker. The seats are fabric though and it has black mirrors. I don’t really have much of a reason to know I just saw an option for trim when I was listing the truck and got wondering what it might be. Thanks for info.

Just a guess, probably originally a ST.  Although, just a guess573 , since almost anything could have been traded out  Perhaps, a partial VIN, minus the last 5? digits.  Just the VIN, minus the very last digits that are all numeric.  

for example

JN6ND06S3FW024573

Minus the 024573

could be run, and give an indication of an ST or not. 

I tried that 3 times but in all cases they were vague. For instance the first letters are the country of origin as in J for Japan but they just say Asia. I did have one years ago that listed all the countries and all the models. I don't think ST is common to any other vehicle but it might say deluxe.

JN6ND06S3FW024573

JN6 is a Nissan truck and the 10th digit F is for '85

From the 10th to the 17th digit identifies the vehicle. Possibly options, engine, transmission etc.