Pl521 Pickup, mostly original. What's it worth?

surfingcowboy

Thanks for the feedback, everyone on the side markers. It all fits. My research since posting this is that the federal law regarding side markers was that at least reflectors were required in either 1968 or '69, depending on the source of the information. Everyone is in agreement that 1970 was the first year of required running lights on the side.

I'll be posting my truck for sale in the next few days here. I'm the second owner, bought it in 1972 with 40k miles. Pretty much all original. Runs great. Have a good spare engine too. Just showed it this weekend for the first time at the Route 66 car show in Ontario, CA. Had hundreds of lookers. I've put $8k into the restoration so far.

What's it worth?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, surfingcowboy said:

Thanks for the feedback, everyone on the side markers. It all fits. My research since posting this is that the federal law regarding side markers was that at least reflectors were required in either 1968 or '69, depending on the source of the information. Everyone is in agreement that 1970 was the first year of required running lights on the side.

I'll be posting my truck for sale in the next few days here. I'm the second owner, bought it in 1972 with 40k miles. Pretty much all original. Runs great. Have a good spare engine too. Just showed it this weekend for the first time at the Route 66 car show in Ontario, CA. Had hundreds of lookers. I've put $8k into the restoration so far.

What's it worth?

Im in EASTVALE, post some pics of it. 

What ever the market will bear. May be worth 8k but wrong conditions can see it much less.

Is it collectible?

Is it under priced?

Location, is the buyer on the other side of the country?

Good selling price is a perfect storm of correct conditions. It may be just as simple as waiting.

14 hours ago, datzenmike said:

What ever the market will bear. May be worth 8k but wrong conditions can see it much less.

Is it collectible?

Is it under priced?

Location, is the buyer on the other side of the country?

Good selling price is a perfect storm of correct conditions. It may be just as simple as waiting.

I could argue that marketing has more to do with a successful sale than any other reason.

Good pics with the entire vehicle in the pic help.

Making potential buyers feel good about the purchase helps too. A good backstory helps bolster the good feeling.

2 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I could argue that marketing has more to do with a successful sale than any other reason.

Good pics with the entire vehicle in the pic help.

Making potential buyers feel good about the purchase helps too. A good backstory helps bolster the good feeling.

Don't forget to include "my loss, your gain" and threats of sending it to the crusher if your ask isn't met

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

Don't forget to include "my loss, your gain" and threats of sending it to the crusher if your ask isn't met

Nope. I never use threatening or defensive language in my sales writeups. Everything has to be positive and ending on a high note. You can call at any time, email, text, etc.

I have even made up stories to help the sale. Like "why are you selling it?" I once responded, because my wife won the lottery and we're buying a NEW truck. People get high on your success and they want it to rub off on them. Always make them feel good. Talk to their wife, if she came along to look. Offer them a cold drink.

Ads that say NO TEXTS, NO LOWBALLERS, death forces sale, or my favorite - ran when parked. Those guys hate selling things and it shows.