1200 body panel vendors???

Colbino

Hey Guys,

Just picked up a rusty turd 1200 that needs a lot of metal work. Where are you guys sourcing your body panels from?

Also, If anyone has a parts cars in the seattle area that they're cutting/parting out I would be interested in pieces.

Thanks dudes.

C.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been a long time (like 8-10 years) but I got a pair of fenders off of flea bay and they came out of Portugal. And, they were beat to shit when they arrived. I have seen at least 1 other seller on flea bay out of Greece.

These days I think it would be easier to find a set of chicken lips than a 1200 body panel.

Do you have a coupe or a sedan?

Dang it!

I knew it was going to be hard to restore one of these, but I didn't think it was going to be next to impossible.

All those 7k and up 1200's are starting to actually look appetizing, now. :(

I have a coupe. But no chickens. Lol.

All that being said, you are in the PNW and there are some 1200 guys around your area. And some are even on this site.

Sorry, Missus Kelmo will not let me sell her green 1200.

I have been disassembling the coupe and assessing her bones. She may be too far gone to save, but I'm not sure. She is definitely beyond my welding abilities though.

I may have to part her out and then use the funds to snag a nicer savable one in the near future. 

Ok, by now you should really have posted a pic of this car.

I'll give you some incentive and post one of mine.

fl6IExt.jpg

This may be considered thread jacking.

19 hours ago, KELMO said:

Ok, by now you should really have posted a pic of this car.

You're so right! I will get on that later today. Been up to my elbows in mice feces cleaning this girl up that I haven't had time to resize pics for this site.

Edited by Colbino
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess it depends what you’re after. I ordered a replacement left front fender last week from Muscle Car Parts in Sydney, Australia.

https://allmusclecarparts.com.au/datsun/1200-sedan-ute/l-h-front-guard.html

The fit on the Taiwanese reproduction panel is good. Only missing a minor trim securing bracket for the headlight surround.

Get in touch to see if they’ll ship it over there.

On 7/5/2023 at 5:25 PM, Lachlan said:

I guess it depends what you’re after. I ordered a replacement left front fender last week from Muscle Car Parts in Sydney, Australia.

https://allmusclecarparts.com.au/datsun/1200-sedan-ute/l-h-front-guard.html

The fit on the Taiwanese reproduction panel is good. Only missing a minor trim securing bracket for the headlight surround.

Get in touch to see if they’ll ship it over there.

They have some really good prices on the sheetmetal, compared to what I'd expect at least.  Shipping is tough.  I bought one of those hoods from Greece and it arrived badly damaged, surprisingly they did have me send it back and then sent me another which arrived fine.  Considering the shipping cost, it seemed really weird to send the bad on back, but whatever.  There was one folded seam that needed a touch-up along where it met the cowl, but otherwise the fit was just fine.

I do have the old hood and a fender, both salvageable and apparently factory, but not worth my time to get just-so.

• Like 1