Datsun 310GX where to find door handles

Just purchased a 1985 datsun 310GX and looking for an outside door handles. Having a hard time. Does anyone know if there are other vehicles with compatible handles? Everything I’m seeing says the Datsun 310GX parts discontinued any help would be greatly appreciated 

5226D492-82E4-455E-9C2E-BBA242F8121A.jpeg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is a rare car. Are you sure it is 1985?

I've seen those in 2-doors but not four. I don't know the answer to your question though. If I were you, I might just go to Pick n Pull and look for 1981-84 Datsuns like the 210 or Sentra and pull a handle to see if it can work.

Do you have any of the old handles? I would think a 210 handle would work.

Also. same question as Bleach, are your sure it is an '85? Does it still have the "build tag" on the drivers door/ door jamb?

What you have is a '78-'82 310 or N10. No older than an '81 as the A series engine was dropped for '82.  FWD.

Look on the cowl (top of firewall) behind the engine. Stamped into the cowl it will have HL 310 L (4 door hatchback) H (if GX) F (if 5 speed) U if federal or V if California emissions.

Build date may be on driver's door jam.  

A search of the handle part numbers shows the earlier '76-'78 F10 used the same door handles. Good luck finding an F10.

My family had one of these in 2 door 1982 model. I drove it for about a year after I turned 16. I remember the window sticker said 42 mpg highway. I called it the gutless wonder. Well good on you keeping one on the road. Keep us posted on progress everyone loves an underdog. I remember something funky about the shift pattern. Dogleg style?