720 King Cab side window seals by Vintage Rubber

powderfinger

I find that junkyards are like the watering holes off the Serengenti. In Africa the lions, zebras, hyenas and Springbok all drink from the watering hole at the same time. It is like everybody takes a time out from killing each other to take a drink. Dress homeless, don't let your tools out of sight and be polite if spoken to if avoiding eye contact doesn't work. Good luck.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, powderfinger said:

The stock Rodeo rails make the back half of the seat sit quite a bit higher than the factory 720 rails. Causes head to be closer to top of truck and also in my opinion makes the seating angle uncomfortable. Once I put the 720 rails on, the back of the seats sat lower and closer to how the factory 720 seats were angled.

Aaah, thought that could be it.  I wasn't sure, but did seem to sit a little higher than the stock buckets that I had, but the stock buckets were so worn, I wasn't sure if it was higher because of something or just more padding.
For me, they were fine, I am a bit shorter than some, so the extra height was a bonus for me, lol

21 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

They say the seals will be here Monday.I will call a few junk yards and see if they have some Gray Rodeo seats and if they do can they send a picture.The bad thing is.The location of the junk yards.They are located in the bad part of Columbus.Gangs run that part of town.Crime is high in that area.Does anyone know what price I should pay for these seats?

Basing the price from LKQ, probably about $75/ea.  LKQ I have found to be kind of high on many items, so guessing you'd come close to that price. 

From what I read, 96-00 are the same.  I don't recall the exact year now of what I pulled, but it had to have been in that range.  Mine, had the donut headrest.  They were much more comfortable than the stock non-ST seats I had.

There are some on eBay, if some are close to you, might not be too bad on shipping, or perhaps a longer drive.

1 hour ago, bottomwatcher said:

I find that junkyards are like the watering holes off the Serengenti. In Africa the lions, zebras, hyenas and Springbok all drink from the watering hole at the same time. It is like everybody takes a time out from killing each other to take a drink. Dress homeless, don't let your tools out of sight and be polite if spoken to if avoiding eye contact doesn't work. Good luck.

Yeah, junkyards do seem to attract certain types.  Most important, don't let your tools out of your sight.  I was under the hood, tools were in the front seat.  A female, was trying to take one of my longer tools.  Unbelievable, just 7' away from me.  I caught it and politely told her those were mine.  Thankfully, her banger BF didn't say anything.  Definitely could have been a problem for me, if he wanted to make trouble

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

I got the passenger window seal in.It's a perfect fit.Now,just put the window back in and do the driver side.84EyxZP.jpg

Damn, Those look great!  I was shocked as hell to learn Vintage Rubber was going to repro those.

I spoke to the 'guy', forget his name, a while back, when I was looking to buy some other products.  It's very expensive, think he said 10K plus, to produce the molds for seals. Having been told that, I was very surprised to learn they were going to reproduce them.  Fairly quick production, as I recall, Vintage Rubber was looking for sample window seals around March '21

9pVixOG.jpgWow,that is a lot for the molds.You can see their Facebook page selling these seals.They are Awesome.I will go to their Facebook page and show mine and help them sell some.Here are some more pictures.I always take gambles on finding parts for my 720 and have never been let down.84EyxZP.jpgiklNXEC.jpgNXzBSGS.jpgVoh2Oqr.jpgSB2TppI.jpg7pXkLsf.jpgRiiPH9c.jpgQ24sfxL.jpgix14MXE.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 1