powderfinger

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like to get them from Vintage Rubber.They would cost me 208.75 with taxes and shipping.But they are new.I am going to think on it.I do have a new rubber seal on my back slider.Has anyone here ever bought the side window gaskets from them before.I just tried to sign up with them and it won't let me.I just seen there Facebook page and it says they have these gaskets now,plus I looked at one of Mike's old pages here and someone bought a front windshield gasket and it didn't fit,they said it was made in Thailand,it had there sticker over Thailand's.As you know there rubber doesn't last long.Don't but there windshield washer pump and tank,I did,and it didn't last a year.What is everyone's take on Vintage rubber.Check this out.https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=vintagerubber.com

Edited by Thomas Perkins

I got my  new slider seal free cause the guy at the paint shop cut the one on their off,and it took awhile before they found a new one.I still have the one that was cut off.Also have a extra back slider if any one needs it.My side seals are cracked but it is not leaking..They were about 85 bucks when Nissan had them.

Edited by Thomas Perkins

Here are my window seals.The front is good.It was replaced long ago at a glass shop.Since Powder finger says they will be good.I am ordering them now.So Powder Finger,I hope you are right,they look to be about to fall out of the frame.As I tell my wife.It's only money and no where else to get them.I will be the test dummy for this site and let everyone know how they fit.I am the type that wiPngBDqQ.jpgMArNjIM.jpg4Ex3XgU.jpg6XAxgdI.jpgIX0zxnD.jpgxb8sB7k.jpgll take a chance.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
Just now, butter fingers said:

Tommy , you are living on the edge alright ! Nice truck you have sir . butter fingers 

1 minute ago, butter fingers said:

Tommy , you are living on the edge alright ! Nice truck you have sir . butter fingers 

Just now, Thomas Perkins said:

My order is in.I paid by Pay Pal and the total is 193.45.They charged 175.00 for the seals and 18.45 for the shipping.It is coming from Riverside California and says 3 day shipping.So Hope it goes good.

Just now, Thomas Perkins said:

My order is in.I paid by Pay Pal and the total is 193.45.They charged 175.00 for the seals and 18.45 for the shipping.It is coming from Riverside California and says 3 day shipping.So Hope it goes good.

1 minute ago, butter fingers said:

I am not sure but this is what I think.You can create a account with Vintage Rubber after you bought something.I tried before I bought something and it would not let me  and as I was ordering,it would let me as I paid.So I now have a account with them and they sent me a order number with receipt and a Pay Pal receipt.

3 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

Are you installing yourself? 

Yeah,I am installing them,I did take the side windows out long ago when I remodeled the inside.I took the black carpet out and put dynamite on the floor board then put gray carpet in when I put a new heater core in.The carpet goes under the heater core.I took the back and side panels out and bought new clips from clips and fasteners and painted them .Also got the new clips to hold the long bar that you use to jack the truck up.The door panels and seat belts and stick shift box was changed from black to gray.I have gray carpet on dash.I wanted all the black gone.Got gray seat covers over the black seats.I hate them seats.The jump seats are now gray.I have pics of this but it is on my computer and maybe on my page here.I also have a lap top full of pics but I haven't used

it since my dad passed in 10 years.I may go get on it ,it has my pics when I redid the inside.I had the dash apart cause I was putting a new heater core in it

Tommy, since you like gray it should be pretty easy to find gray seats out of an older Passport or Rodeo that will fit. That's what I have in mine, I can take a picture if you'd like. I don't remember the year range though but that can easily be found with a search. The key, if you do this, is to swap the seat bases. The passport seats will bolt right in but the back of the seat will be too high which I am sure you have read people on forums complain about. The factory Nissan seat bases will swap onto the passport seats which will correct the angle and almost all of the height issue. They are not the best seats but way better than the factory seats especially if yours isn't an ST. 

Also, I am real curious how the seals work out. I almost feel bad for not buying them because I emailed them several times around two years ago asking them to start making these lol. I am sure plenty others also inquired about them too, otherwise they never would have made them. My seals are in worse condition than yours.

18 hours ago, powderfinger said:

Tommy, since you like gray it should be pretty easy to find gray seats out of an older Passport or Rodeo that will fit. That's what I have in mine, I can take a picture if you'd like. I don't remember the year range though but that can easily be found with a search. The key, if you do this, is to swap the seat bases. The passport seats will bolt right in but the back of the seat will be too high which I am sure you have read people on forums complain about. The factory Nissan seat bases will swap onto the passport seats which will correct the angle and almost all of the height issue. They are not the best seats but way better than the factory seats especially if yours isn't an ST. 

I did Rodeo seats, think it was 99?  It's been a while.  They were very comfortable.  Near perfect fit.  When you both them up, put in rear bolts first, then front.  You'll need some washers, especially on the front, as the holes are too large.  Once the rear bolts are threaded in, you can put the front bolts in.  The front flange? of the seat rail isn't bent for the 720's, but close enough.  Thread, and tighten down, that will bend the front flange of the seat rail in and should be fine enough.

5 hours ago, 720_Jeff said:

The front flange? of the seat rail isn't bent for the 720's, but close enough.

If you still have your factory 720 seat rails I highly recommend you swapping those onto your Rodeo seats, You will thank me afterwards. They almost directly bolt up, I think I had to drill either the front or the back holes in the rails just a tad bigger for fitment but it wasn't much at all. 

6 hours ago, powderfinger said:

If you still have your factory 720 seat rails I highly recommend you swapping those onto your Rodeo seats, You will thank me afterwards. They almost directly bolt up, I think I had to drill either the front or the back holes in the rails just a tad bigger for fitment but it wasn't much at all. 

That truck got sold.  How does the 720 seat rails help?  Just curious, if I do this again.

The stock Rodeo rails make the back half of the seat sit quite a bit higher than the factory 720 rails. Causes head to be closer to top of truck and also in my opinion makes the seating angle uncomfortable. Once I put the 720 rails on, the back of the seats sat lower and closer to how the factory 720 seats were angled.

They say the seals will be here Monday.I will call a few junk yards and see if they have some Gray Rodeo seats and if they do can they send a picture.The bad thing is.The location of the junk yards.They are located in the bad part of Columbus.Gangs run that part of town.Crime is high in that area.Does anyone know what price I should pay for these seats?

Edited by Thomas Perkins