Warning! E3 Plugs

LeDevil

I bought a set of these e3.46 plug and I would not recommend them to anyone! The car ran good and fired up quiker then normal the first couple seconds I had it started but it had this *tick tick* noise so I turned the car off and come to find out the E3 plugs contact point was to long and it was tapping the top of the piston. I took them out and put my NGK's back in and the noise went away.

So just a fair warning don't buy these plugs.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, why do you suppose no auto manufacturer uses 'miracle' spark plugs? Because they are not any better than the usual kind. Platinum is the latest proven plug feature and that's 15 years old.

I use chevy V8 plugs in my Datsun, they work great. Supposedly two heat ranges too hot but seem to burn OK, they don't get white or blistered or anything.

nothin wrong with a set of autolites or bosch supers... oh wait were supposed to use NGK's on these rice rockets!!!:fu:

one trick is to cut the electrode back so the edge is just over the middle of the center electrode... more open spark and the heat in the ground doesnt have as far to go and less surface area so theres less chance for preignition.. hell i've seen race car guys with really hot ignition cut the ground electrode right off and let it arc right to the side :blink: