Which is the best L-series or Z-series motor to build.

kjz71521

I have found out that It will be hard to do my airbagg setup in the front of my 521 with a sr20det motor in the bay so im going with a smaller motor like a l-series or a z-series motor. Which would be the best one to build guys ? can I get some help with what I need to buy and what motor would be suggested.

Im looking for daily dependablity and strong motor to build that I can also tow my jet ski's to Laughlin this summer with out the motor overheating or what ever. Can I get some suggestions as far as what would be best for this application.:confused:

thanks alot !:D

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chevy Duramax!!!!

Oh you said cost is a factor, But so is a SR20 ,airbags and all that stuff.

Is this a Oxymoron joke.?

Best is to find a strong L series build or LZ hybrid but this is still costly.Unless somebody has a motor sitting ready to go.

Cheap is a stock L20 with a 3 core Radiator

The 521 is geared low so top end would be limited

PS I dont think it will be done by next summer

olddatsuns.com website read everthing there

Chevy Duramax!!!!

Oh you said cost is a factor, But so is a SR20 ,airbags and all that stuff.

Is this a Oxymoron joke.?

Best is to find a strong L series build or LZ hybrid but this is still costly.Unless somebody has a motor sitting ready to go.

Cheap is a stock L20 with a 3 core Radiator

The 521 is geared low so top end would be limited

PS I dont think it will be done by next summer

olddatsuns.com website read everthing there

Heinz, of course I saw the airbag and so on but most ppl. don't consider the whole cost factor when modifying their cars. That's why you see too many on Craigslist , like "my loss your gain, loss interest and money"

fuck the L series bullshit, you're already going all out on putting bags on the truck, so spend the money and put a ka24 in that bitch.

The L16 or 20 would be fine, but if you plan on towing and having something easy to drive and work on, the ka would be a good bet. I've had several; including the one in my truck and love them.

It should fit just fine and give you plenty of space for bags, I should know, I mounted one in a bagged NL320.