85 Nissan 720 4x4 coil bracket paint job.

Thomas Perkins

K3Itx9p.jpgu7Bp5u2.jpgkte96dm.jpgM3L8BXh.jpgdiETbrr.jpgP8VFTNM.jpgHi Ya'll.Happy Sunday.Yesterday I took my coil brackets and coils off to paint the brackets.The coils are fairly new.I sanded the brackets and got all the paint off.The brackets holding the coils.they were Gold,so I painted them Pure gold.I let them dry for a day.Here they are..I got to go blow my leaves now,they are everywhere.de0V9rA.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 2
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah Mike,they were very different.Here is the gold paint I used.I also used it last year on my outdoor metal swing brackets.It was pricey.Here is a picture of the swing.I have a lot of different colors of paint since I do a lot of painting.That is my favorite hobby.2nd is working and decorating our yard.W3sy0Ju.jpg67Akjf2.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 2

That black bracket with the 2 coils, is sitting on chip board.What we use at work.It is great to use to make gaskets.A hair thicker than the one one's made by Weber.I have made some copies of their gaskets,so I don't have to buy anymore.I can get all the scrap pieces of that and paper and different types of tape.We have good two- way tape.When the rolls get short,they don't use them,so we can get them.Just get a scrap removal slip.We also have 55 gallon metal drums.So I get them for my burn barrels.They sell  them around here for 40 bucks.I live out in the country and we can burn.I painted this one back in 2015,the orange piece on the collier was for Corey's 720 race truck...I miss 720 world...

004.jpg

BigAls093007018.jpg

222587046.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 2

3YdIr8Z.jpgbaXXaaF.jpgThe gold paint I use is real good.Look's awesome.It is Metallic and is doing real good on the swing,I also use a clear gloss enamel.On all my out door stuff,I use the clear to protect it.Check out Henry...He gets loud sometimes.It has 15 different colors of paint.On his eyes,I mixed 2 colors to get that mean look.Everyone is scared to come in my yard.But the Dark Side Of the Moon is my favorite.Just like the Album cover.

100_8462.jpg

100_6324.jpg

100_6323.jpg

1_wVredABObTyzB7yCKBkytQ (1).jpeg

1_8FkvzbSdSJ4HNxtuZo5kLg.jpeg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 2