working on the dash.....

Llittle_Llama

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to see that you found something to keep you busy.

Everyone has there own opinion on what they like and don't like about their vehicles, so don't let what these guys say to you, make you change what you want to do to your truck.

Mike and I even have our own tastes. He wants so bad to lower my truck and that just isn't going to happen.

I am not much of a 620 fan, for I think the 521 is the best truck, but then again that is just my opinion.

See we can all have opinions without the name calling.

Anyway, keep working on your truck and I agree you did a wonderful job documenting it.

Guest DatsuNoob

OK OK, it DOES look alot better than the cracked version, but in my opinion, I think you coulda worked on it a little more to get it even better, like maybe go down to a finer grit SP to get the lines out, and maybe glaze it w/fiberglass resin. I just like giving you shit because you give a bunch of other people shit. Let's not read into the pussy stuff too much, we're guys for crying out loud! I'm just having fun :D

yea i do think that looks better then the cracked up ass dash but i also agree that it looks a little lumpy in some spots and a finer grade sand paper would help with the scratches... are you using a hand sander of any sort or just your hand? is this the finished product or??? either way good job on documenting it and stayin busy

yea i do think that looks better then the cracked up ass dash but i also agree that it looks a little lumpy in some spots and a finer grade sand paper would help with the scratches... are you using a hand sander of any sort or just your hand? is this the finished product or??? either way good job on documenting it and stayin busy

no, i will be covering it with vinyl, no need to sand it further.

I tried to wrap a 620 dash once... It turned out terrible so I tore it off. Of course it had more curves than yours does now. Rounded edges will make it hard to wrap without a ton of wrinkles. Upholstery is actually pretty hard. Honestly,even as flattened out as it is I would not recommend it. But then again we all learn things from trial and error. I would recommend getting a longboard and making it as flat as you can.

When you have to cut and fold a wrinkle to flatten a spot out use dabs of heavy duty super glue to secure two glossy sides of the vinyl. Also try to get a spray glue that makes a web. Use it like contact cement. You might know this stuff already but I have done a fair bit of it.

Dont use 3m adhesive, or the loctite stuff, as soon as the sun hit it mine started delaminating... You might run into a problem putting your guage cluster back in too unless youre going with a custom setup. I damn near broke mine trying to put it back together. Also good luck on the outer corners, theyre a bitch, I didnt have a heat gun when I did mine though, I just used a hair dryer.

If I had it to do over again Id just buy a cap off of ebay stick a little hula chick on it and call it good.

Ill try and post up some pics but it might be a while, theres over a foot of snow covering my truck right now and its still falling.