MOTOR SWAP 620 PLEASE HELP!!!!

620deadman

so i'm going to be motor swapping of course a KA24E motor and trans into my 620 sooner or later i just need to know if the motor mounts are the same i've been told they are but it was from a shady source so i thought i'd put it on here someone's gotta know youtube videos don't really say so i wanna know before i get the motor if they are the same and will bolt right on thanks!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve... https://ratsun.net/profile/38-2edeye/  ... makes and sells the custom engine brackets needed to fit a KA engine into our 620s. He also makes a transmission mount fir the 71C as well.

Icehouse also makes an easy to use Can Am box for integrating the KA's EFI into the 620 truck's electrical system...

54 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Steve... https://ratsun.net/profile/38-2edeye/  ... makes and sells the custom engine brackets needed to fit a KA engine into our 620s. He also makes a transmission mount fir the 71C as well.

Icehouse also makes an easy to use Can Am box for integrating the KA's EFI into the 620 truck's electrical system...

damn the dude i'm buying the engine from said "yea it should bolt right in no problems you'll just need a different drive line" 🙄

I guess the thing to do is RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH. Know more about this before beginning and collect everything needed. The devil is in the details. The simplest things cause the most problems.

Car oil pan won't clear the 620 cross member, the D21 Hardbody oil pan is the most likely to fit as it also comes from a truck.

The EFI wiring from a 240sx is a separate wire harness while all the EFI wiring in the Hardbody is in the main harness and hard to separate.

Icehouse, a member on here sells a relay board called a CanAm that makes connecting the KA's electrical needs into your truck. You can do it yourself but this is far easier needing only 3? wires.

The upper KA rad hose is on the opposite side from the L16 and you'll need a larger rad anyway.

You'll need to have or get an exhaust down pipe from the KA manifold and join it to your stock exhaust pipe. Sounds easy right?

Your 620's front drive shaft half will fit into the KA's 5 speed but it will need shortening and be balanced.

The KA's EFI needs a high pressure fuel pump and a return line to the fuel tank. You can buy a high pressure electric fuel pump and mount it close to the tank. That will need to be wired in and don't forget the return line.

You will probably have to use the 620 alternator as the KA's alternator is too large for a good fit between engine and frame. The car KA engine uses a serpentine pulley and that isn't compatible with the 620's alternator V belt pulley. Again a truck KA does use a V belt pulley system making this easier. A serpentine pulley from a KA alternator should fit your 620's alternator. 

I've never done this so more than likely have missed way more than this.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, 620deadman said:

damn the dude i'm buying the engine from said "yea it should bolt right in no problems you'll just need a different drive line" 🙄

And if you do it right with correct tranny, your stock driveline will work too

The 71C is about 2 times the strength of the 71B. It has upgraded bearings and wider gears that are stronger and better synchros.

The 71B was not trusted to be used on the 280zx turbo so good for about 175hp. The 300zx NA 71C has been used to replace broken Borg Warner transmissions on the turbo cars with good results. They will handle turbo KA engines of 400 HP.