82 Datsun 210 Shaved front/rear

OnlyifyouAhegao

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool thanks. Have you ever heard of an 82 210 with factory round headlights? Mine has round headlights and there was no modification or cutting to fit them and if I wanted square ones like an 82 should have, I would need to modify to make room also I'm positive it's body is an 82 210. Im extremely lost as to how it has what seems like factory round headlights. I just want to make sure it's not rare and I cut it up to install my black LED square ones 😂 edit: I actually am starting to think the body of an 82 is a like more square than mine.. but I don't see a body that exactly matches mine. The title says 82 b210, which don't look the same, this might have been a barn find and the owner lost the title. I've tried to list it for sale before and entered it's year make and model and vin to the site and it kept telling me it didnt match. But another site accepted it. I honestly have no idea what year of 210 it could be, the front end looks like an 82 210, has round headlights like a 78 b210, idk I'm extremely confused

Round were used through 11 '79 build dates, or half way through the '80 model year. Maybe had front-ender and replaced with earlier. The wiring for the round/square bulbs is different but easy enough to change the pins in the plugs.

You would need the earlier rad support, headlight buckets, grill, valance, fenders, hood.... everything forward of the windshield. The round eye is far better looking to me. The rectangle is too backward leaning like a Plymouth Horizon.

Junkyard Gem: 1985 Plymouth Horizon

The early tail lights are linear with amber turn signals on the outside clear reverse lights to the inside and red brake and running lights between. The later 210 have an amber and clear reverse lights on top the full width, with red running and brake lights below 

The taillights look just like the 79, the front could be a 79 except it looks like an 82 even when you remove the grille but no 82 had round headlights. And the hood is hard to tell in some pictures of the 79. I appreciate your helping me figure this out, I just had a feeling this wasnt an 82 210 like the title says. And it's got an A15 Engine I believe, but I'm not so sure anymore either. I know it's too speed is 80mph though 😂

but it's honestly the best running engine I have ever come across, it's absolutely amazing. Edit: I'm absolutely dumbfounded I didn't figure out before, but every time I change the drive belt (because of slipping) that it keeps slipping because I might be buying the wrong belt... Ill post a picture of the engine, if you can help me figure out the exact A series it is so I can fix it 😆

https://topclassiccarsforsale.com/datsun/647848-1982-datsun-b-210-a15-series-engine-2-doors-77k-miles.html

THe original ad that my buddy bought the car from, I can't believe I found it.  😂 I still don't have a fuckin clue what my buddy did to it but it definitely got a dent in the right front fender now, and I'm still confused about the headlights. But that's my car 😂😂😂

Lots of Datsuns you have to push them to get them to start.

PXL-20210807-223927406

Definitely late front fenders. Aluminum radiator is another indication it's been in a pile up. 

Ask you buddy what happened. What could be easier?

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2021 at 12:14 AM, datzenmike said:

The early rad support would have round holes behind the light pots, later would be rectangular.

I assume you got this off your friend, so simply ask him what he did to the car after you saw him buy it.

Radiator support is the same from 79 thru 81, the 80-81 square headlight uses a bracket to mount the buckets which moves them forward for them to fit more even with the grille, unlike the 79 where headlight bucket mounts directly to the radiator support. If u are swapping the square headlights to a 79 radiator support you have to drill the holes to mount the headlight brackets.