720 Fiberglass Hood

rayven14

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see nor restriction from posting in the classifieds. Keep trying. Fill in all the boxes before pushing the ADD AVERT at the very bottom. The posts in 720 and 510 will quickly fill with new posts pushing yours farther and farther down and off the page.

This is an '83 and up hood?

• Like 1

1980 720 hood was 1 Year only.  Had vent across the back of the hood.  82/83 720 hood had side vents with plastic Inserts.  84 to 86 720 hood looks like your fiberglass hood.  All hoods interchange through the years of manufacture.

34 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

You have it advertised as a 710 hood in the classifieds. Anyway are you popping these? They look good and I am curious on you fiberglass layup schedule. Hand laid or chopper gun? Again good work.

The mold is a two part, top skin and under brace. The top is 2 layer of 1.5 oz mat with one addition 12 inch strip down the center ( the center is 3 layers of 1.5 - for additional stiffness) the brace is 1 layer of 1.5 oz mat. All hand laid. 13 pounds total weight

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

You have it advertised as a 710 hood in the classifieds. Anyway are you popping these? They look good and I am curious on you fiberglass layup schedule. Hand laid or chopper gun? Again good work.

Fixed.

• Like 1