Front side markers not working

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

used an electrical tester and no power there.. i assume  you dont have to press the light socket button in where the bulb does..?? i just grounded my tester and poked in there and scratched around.... no power... on both front ones... is there a relay or a ground i may be able to find?

im trying to find side markers on eklectrical diagram but cant find them in fsm for 260

Edited by shawninvancouver

also  - while checking the fuse box with the tester -  of the 14 fuses in there, i had power going through 12 of them ( only two that did not show power were headlights as they were off ) all the other stuff was also off and not powered on - so should it all show power??? or is this   wrong? should it only show power at fuse box when that item is turned on???

Headlights are likely on their own fuses or fusible link. Other things like interior light, brake lights, horn, clock are on or available any time. Things like heater, wiper, radio, ignition are all switched on by the ignition.

Check ALL related grounds, clean bulb sockets, clean & soak fusebox, turnsignal & headlight switches in white vinegar.  Most of the lighting etc is all tied together.......you should see various circuits/wires running thru switches, that might not make sense, but that's what they did! 

OH--- what about this while checking horn wires....

when key is on i have power on steering wheel horn button and on green wire leaving horn on back of steering wheel..

under dash passengers side - at the plug that goes in to relay i have power  on two wires in the plug..  nothing changes when i hit the horn button.. is that correct prior to getting hooked up to relay??   or is something supposed to happen when i hit the button??? or is that only after relay is hooked up and working??

horn.jpg

3 hours ago, shawninvancouver said:

another fuse question....  if i put in the wrong amp fuse but power still goes through the fuse will it effect the item from working..  say the gauges are a 20amp fuse and i put 10amp in will they still work or not????

i am not sure what amp fuses went in so to be safe i think i went lower on several...

If the gauges draw 20 amp and you put a 10 amp fuse in it may blow the fuse, yes. However usually there are several things on the same fuse and the gauges may only draw 8 amp and it will work fine with a 10 amp fuse... unless to turn on something that is on that fuse and you exceed the 10amp rating. Then it will blow. Always try to replace with the correct amp rating and never use a higher value.

Horn is one of those things I mentioned earlier that are on ALL the time. The horn should work without the ignition on, same as the clock, interior light and brake lights.