1977 Datsun 620 L20B 4-Speed in CA

I'm selling my 1977 Datsun 620 with L20B 4speed manual with front disc brakes. Truck located in San Jose,CA. Asking $1,000 or best offer. Has lots of new parts over $1,500 invested in it great little truck. Lowered 2" front and rear. 60amp alternator ,rebuilt starter, new water pump, fan clutch, rebuilt hitachi carb, new transistorized ignition box, wires, cap, rotor,plugs, electric fuel pump, battery. New tires on original 6 lug steelies with stock hubcaps. Original A/C truck allthough I dont have the condenser, accumulator or A/C compressor it had been removed before I bought it.Great little truck just have too many cars and would like to see it go to another Ratsun member or someone who is going to fix it up.

datsun004-1.jpg

datsun001.jpg

enginecompartmentbefore.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. If it wasn't converted to disc then it's a '78 model. '77 might be the build or the year it was registered.

I don't see a voltage regulator behind the negative post on the battery so that's another indicator it's a '78 or newer. Looks like disc break rims too. Seeing as how it a California truck the emissions sticker is likely still on the under side of the hood. See if it says if it is equipped with emissions for the '78 model year. If it has ball joints instead of king pins it's post '77.

In my opinion a '78 is more valuable because of the internally regulated alternator, ball joints, and disc brakes with larger master cylinder. Oh, and it's a year newer.

Edited by datzenmike

the plate wouldn't help much its all faded. It came stock with the discs up front and it the alternator was internally regulated. I thought some things about the truck were strange when I first got it. Must be a 78 that was registered in 77 as a 77.

Oh yeah that bumper is ugly as sin but it should protect it from any rear damage I figured if somebody buys it they can take it off but for the time being its staying.

So all this talk is basically for nothing if no one is interested in buying it. I really need to sell this truck right away.

There is some little spot of rust under the drivers side feet and a little on the passenger side in the same area that I patched temporarily with a little sheet metal and primered and painted to guard against further rust and also sealed a spot where the windshield seal leaked water in the cab. The window weatherstripping also needs to be replaced but the windshield was the main culprit for the floorboard rust.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.