shady's racecar thread *pics*

SHADY280

got my new bushings today (ureathane) so now i can install them and start putting the suspension together. was thinking about ordering the t3 tension rods like bleach got. those would make it adjustable and safer than the old steel rods that always break. also got to phone the roll cage guy soon too.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, have you thought about getting the Paul Newman racer model that's on ebay right now? It might be usefull for research.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DATSUN-280-Z-X-PAUL-NEWMAN-MODEL-MINT-1980-MISB-RARE-NR_W0QQitemZ390020715894QQihZ026QQcategoryZ145974QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• 2 months later...

Lookin really good man!

I used to watch these kinds of rigs race at Laguna Seca when I was a kid...there was one really, really close to this one that used to win in it's class pretty often..it had this awesome sounding exhaust note that was deeper than the others...it used to pop really nicely on decel after the left sweeper...just passed the corkscrew...we used to stand up on the infield overlooking the hairpin left at the bottom and man that car would put up such a roar on the way into the corner! I can recall seeing flames popping out from the exhaust frequently.:cool:

Such good memeories.:)

Keep up the pics man, they look great.

• 2 months later...

Think it would be too much to see an itemized pricing list for this? I'm really curious to see how much you've actually spent, and how much it's going to end up costing to get it running and racing. If not, that's cool. This post is mostly just to get me subscribed (I definitely want to see more).

• 1 year later...