electric fuel pump options?

Lonewolf1990

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why?   in my experience, and I have been driving Datsun 521 trucks since 1972, OEM fuel pumps rarely fail.   The fuel pick up in the tank may get clogged from crud in the tank.  Both on my running 521 trucks have original fuel pumps on them.

Try to get a OEM Datsun fuel pump from a junkyard.   Cheap parts made now are junk.

6 minutes ago, DanielC said:

Why?   in my experience, and I have been driving Datsun 521 trucks since 1972, OEM fuel pumps rarely fail.   The fuel pick up in the tank may get clogged from crud in the tank.  Both on my running 521 trucks have original fuel pumps on them.

Try to get a OEM Datsun fuel pump from a junkyard.   Cheap parts made now are junk.

Everytime it has failed it’s because the fuel pump springs has came loose 

Bet the farm the original and replacements were not Nissan.

My 710 came with an aftermarket pump but I found the original in the back. Took it off put the original back on and worked fine. Threw the other POS away. Never seen a bad Nissan pump, I'm sure there may be one out there but I've never seen one.

What was the OEM manufacture for the pumps? I recently pulled a leaky one off my 521 and bought a shit one from China that didn’t Pan out. Ended up finding a fella close by with a handful for sale. As best I could tell the one I pulled off was the factory one. Replaced it with a exact same one. Same brand, same everything. I took the China one off and found the spring pretty weak, but I don’t know if the factory one would have been the same. If your pump looks like the one in my pics below I know the fella that sold me a few has at least one left and he ships. Cost me $60CAD each. I can put you in touch with him if need be. Just PM me and I’ll give you his contact info. 
-Pidge. 

10C810A6-641E-41CD-982A-FEA57114EB1E.jpeg

A047BC29-E468-4C67-A23C-DCD326212E2A.jpeg

D42F24FE-A549-445B-93A3-E89967C6AFA1.jpeg

B1106532-8AFC-4265-9223-0D2FFD8DB98F.jpeg

E2FB81BC-038C-44F9-B28B-43FF86A40F4A.jpeg