Nice aftermarket retractable seat belts for 510s

slodat

these belts are sweet i would get a set if i wasent going 5 point harness but i think i will pick a set up for my truck (didnt come with anny from the factory:eek:)

its always good to get somthing for a lower price but there are some things you just dont wanna cut corners with such as brakes or seatbelts or tires things like that that keep you as safe as possible or certan engine parts like i would never buy a used radiator unless i had no other choice you know stuff like that

this site is a great find will definatly use there product in the future (of course when i get to that point in my truck project :P

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn I'm slow. I just found this thread, thanks slodat. I've been looking for new belts for a while now. Guess I'll just have to order me a set. stock 510 belts suck. Oh and I have a fu in my sig but I'm harmless. Don't take it to heart :D

Yeah, either the passenger side or the driver's side so you can see the shoulder mount and the belt laying in the seat ready to buckle up.

I'm on the road right now. I'll snap a big picture point of view shot when I'm home next.

Another option for mounting seat belts... this guy used to live local, but he moved to cali?? or something... anyway, its been a "few" years.

http://www.geocities.com/chameleon_mace_studios/seatbelt.htm

If you use this method combined with the belts shown by Slodat, it should be a little cheaper... due to not needing the drop hanger thing. If you insist on getting you junkyard seatbelts, well this might give you more options as well.

I think I'll look at dropping the mounting point of my belts. The thing to be careful about here is to use an adequate backing plate/washer to prevent the mounting bolt from ripping through the sheet metal column on impact. Not difficult by any stretch, but VERY important.

Damn I'm slow. I just found this thread, thanks slodat. I've been looking for new belts for a while now. Guess I'll just have to order me a set. stock 510 belts suck. Oh and I have a fu in my sig but I'm harmless. Don't take it to heart :D

The fu in your signature is funny. The end. I'm glad you like the belts. I'm certain you will find them a nice addition to your car. They are of the quality the rest of your wagon is.

Today's sale price is $65.

I ordered a set of retractable seat belts from gotbelts.com.

Options I selected when ordering:

• Web Length = 130 inch (Special Order)
  • Buckle End = 25 inch adjustable floppy w/bolt in end fitting
  • Shoulder Mount Option = 8 inch Extended Door Post Fitting

I also bought the $5.95 hardware kit for each one as well.

How did you determine which options to order?

Today's sale price is $65.

That's the base price I paid. With the options I selected they are $80.90ea.

How did you determine which options to order?

My last 510 came with Subaru mystery belts that had a similar drop, so that's where that piece came from. There was a somewhat related discussion on the realm that yielded the advice I order them 10 inches shorter than their standard 140in. I ordered the style of belt/buckle because it was similar to the styling of the stock belts, which I like. I knew I would need their hardware kit. I used it.