Datsuns in Humboldt photos

68Datsun510

We had a small gathering of Datsuns last weekend is McKinleyville CA. 

I wanted to share my public Facebook photo albums here for those that weren't there and don't use Facebook like @Ranman72 😂

Photo Album links, feel free to tag yourself if you want

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Trip home if you wanna see more datsun pics

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We used to make trips to Eureka, Samoa, and McKinleyville with the UFO club every year. We usually took hiway 36, camped above Fortuna, ate at the Samoa cookhouse, and took in a local autocross on Sunday morning. We also took hiways 1 and 101.  We did this for about 10 years. The big Shasta event sort of ended these trips.

We owned a house in McKinleyville in the late 80's while the kids went to college at Arcata, so it was pretty familiar turf for us.

You had as many in your caravan as we ever did.

Dennis 

• Like 3

DHale_510:  i used to live in crescent city where the filmed parts of "Return Of The Jedi" star wars movie and i got to see the actors and 1 of my friends was a stormtrooper extra. i used to go down to eureka in the 80's. there was a cafe in Orick between arcata and klamath that had the best cinnamon rolls in the world

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, DHale_510 said:

We used to make trips to Eureka, Samoa, and McKinleyville with the UFO club every year. We usually took hiway 36, camped above Fortuna, ate at the Samoa cookhouse, and took in a local autocross on Sunday morning. We also took hiways 1 and 101.  We did this for about 10 years. The big Shasta event sort of ended these trips.

We owned a house in McKinleyville in the late 80's while the kids went to college at Arcata, so it was pretty familiar turf for us.

You had as many in your caravan as we ever did.

Dennis 

That sounds like a great time! I was lucky enough to have joined in your last "Silly Millie" run up 36, ate at the Omelette Chalet, then raced with the RSCC at the airport. You were in the Miata R.

I "reran" a Hwy 36 run 2 years ago, unfortunately it was right in the middle of fire season, thick smoke blocked many great views. I had 3 other cars join. I proposed an eastern CA run around Lassen, no takers lol 

• Like 2