510 Wheel Sizing help

I am looking for wheels for my 510. Its is lowered on T3 coilovers. It currently has 14" wheels with 185/65-14 tires. Not sure of the offset. 

If I was to up to a 15 what sizes/offset usually fit a lowered 510? What size tire would I run? Not looking to add fender flares/roll the fenders. If I was to stay at a 14, what offset should I be looking at?

Primary reason to go to a 15 would be the wider availability of performance tires. 

Thanks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

T3 510 struts or T3 280zx struts?

It will make a difference.

On 510 struts with t3 coilover conversions I am running a 15x7 +25 with a 10mm spacer... so essentially a +15. 205 tires barely clear the strut and the fender- had to lightly roll the fender- otherwise a pretty perfect fit.

Running the same 15x7 +25 on the rear with no spacers and its tight on both the arms and the fender but fits. 

Depending on how low you go you may need a 195 tire to squeeze it in there.

As long as you keep the current off set and rim width.... the only difference is the 1" increase in rim diameter. You can select tires that are exactly the same width and diameter as on the 14" rim. The 15" will be a taller rim and the rubber thinner, less sidewall, but add to the same diameter.

185/65-14 is about 7.25" wide by 23.5" tall or diameter. If this combo works then the ones below will work.

185/55-15 would be 7.28" wide by 23" tall. You would never notice the 1/2" difference

190/55-15 would be 7.48" wide and 23.23" tall. Perhaps just a hair wider and slightly closer to the same diameter.

11 minutes ago, demo243 said:

T3 510 struts or T3 280zx struts?

It will make a difference.

On 510 struts with t3 coilover conversions I am running a 15x7 +25 with a 10mm spacer... so essentially a +15. 205 tires barely clear the strut and the fender- had to lightly roll the fender- otherwise a pretty perfect fit.

Running the same 15x7 +25 on the rear with no spacers and its tight on both the arms and the fender but fits. 

Depending on how low you go you may need a 195 tire to squeeze it in there.

I am not sure if they’re 510 or 280 struts. They came on the car when I purchased it. 

Are spacers necessary with a lowered 510?

19 minutes ago, 510_dreamin said:

I am not sure if they’re 510 or 280 struts. They came on the car when I purchased it. 

Are spacers necessary with a lowered 510?

Easiest way to tell would be to check the brakes- solid rotor likely 510 - vented rotor should be 280zx.

The spacer had nothing to do with how low I am it was to correct the wheel offset to allow it to clear the strut tube. 

My set up will work on 510 struts--- but would require a big spacer to run the same wheels on 280zx struts.

Take a photo of the brakes.

15x7 +20 +25 will fit no proplem with 510 struts

i went with a 195/45/15 Nexen tires. I think Toyo makes this size also

280zx use less offset like 0 with 15 in wheels but in 0 in the rear might hit the fender

Putting +25 offset the rim/tire goes so far in it hits the 510strut,thus maybe adding spacers and longer studs

15x6 is ezer to fit

order the right rim is best

i like the Rota OS Mesh for a cheap good looking wheel

.stock rim w 1969 Hubcaps looks good and you don’t have to worry about this

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
7 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Take a photo of the brakes.

15x7 +20 +25 will fit no proplem with 510 struts

i went with a 195/45/15 Nexen tires. I think Toyo makes this size also

280zx use less offset like 0 with 15 in wheels but in 0 in the rear might hit the fender

Putting +25 offset the rim/tire goes so far in it hits the 510strut,thus maybe adding spacers and longer studs

15x6 is ezer to fit

order the right rim is best

i like the Rota OS Mesh for a cheap good looking wheel

.stock rim w 1969 Hubcaps looks good and you don’t have to worry about this

I hadn’t considered Rotas but in 15x7 the OS mesh and the Grids are both nice options.