side exit exhaust

brysjclue

i need to do have the exhaust done on my truck and i wanted to know if anyone had done this mod before. what needs to happen is get the exhaust out of the way for speed bumps and anything over 1 1/2 inchs off the grown, so if any of you have pics of some good set up please show and tell.

p.s. for all the hard asses i did search for a long time before i posted this...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im running 1 3/4 pipe & my exhaust guy was able to run it over the torsion crossmember....

ex1.jpg

ive since had the pipe redone but you can see how it's routed....

ex4.jpg

I havent done this yet but plan on attaching heat shields to the bottom of the cab right where it goes over the crossmember. The floor gets a bit hot.

2" system from the exhaust manifold back.

They were able to shift the headpipe to the outside of the torsion bar, run it between the frame rail & the torsion bar and tight under the crossmember, then tuck the cat up close the floor heat shield, and tuck the muffler up close to the underside of the bed. Aside from crossing below the center crossmember, everything's above the lower edge of the frame rail - havent scraped on a speed bump since.

Tailpipe comes out the left side between the rear spring shackle and the rear corner of the bed.