Small button relay (?) driver side kick panel

rosso

Can anyone tell me what this little thing is? It is at the driver side kick panel along side the hood release lever. Has two green wires from it to connector, then green/yellow and green after connector. It is on a little bracket  and has the number 204 on it.

I started looking at the interior to asses what needs to be done and don't remember ever seeing one of these. Also, I could not find on the interwebs a good wiring diagram with wire colors. Anyone?

44379576790_1084ba111c_b.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Yup. It senses the interior temperature above 50F and combined with up to half throttle and any gear but 4th turns on the retard set of points.

Thanks Mike, I remember about the second set of points in the distributor and thought that was all handled by the crazy throttle contraption under the hood.  Since I am going VG33 I may just tuck this sensor up out of the way in the dash and leave it.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

This is mine from a 72 521....

I think have a book in my garage that has the wiring diagram I took this pic from.....

Screenshot-20181205-224230-Gallery.jpg

Car colors are differnt, but its the same sensor, if someone else doesnt clarify by tomorrow I'll dig out that book....

Hey Crash,

If you have a good copy of the wiring diagram you can send, I would appreciate it. So far online I found one that had the same wiring as the above photo but it was a low quality really fuzzy image and wiring colors were not readable.

Thanks,

M

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...