520 front overriders

Tony22

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tony22 said:

There is a U320 for sale in Campbelltown NSW asking au$7,900  very rare in reasonable condition .

very desirable project 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/campbelltown/cars-vans-utes/1962-datsun-u320-1200-ute-/1203120652

the things you see after committing to other projects , 

It's also uglier than sin, so you don't have to worry about it too much

• Like 1

Just ignore that guy in the last post.

From what I have read there were around 1000 Datsun U320 trucks made, supposedly around 16 went to Australia and the rest went to Asia, 2 Australian U320s are in Belgium, one Australian U320 is in the US, and 13 were supposed to be left in Australia, but I have photos of more than 13 Datsun RHD U320 trucks.

I had photos of all of them posted on Ozdat but that site is not available right now due to unpaid site fees.

That truck you posted the link to on Gumtree Australia is not one I have seen before, so yet another one appears out of nowhere, I am thinking Australia imported more than 16 of them, I have seen photos of 2 LHD U320 trucks, one is in Costa Rica, the other one was on ebay which that one was not complete.

There are at least 5/6 Australian members on Ratsun that own U320 trucks, but they rarely post here anymore.

• Like 1

rare Datsun indeed then. Worthwhile project appears mostly complete interior is good 

maybe a bit overpriced , but if had had the $ I would consider it ,restore to original, it would be worth more 

does dash appear original with tachometer and side gauges? Very sporty 

• Like 1

This is what my dash looks like, there is no tachometer that I could see in that U320 truck, it appears it has a oil pressure gauge on the left and maybe an amp gauge on the right as the needle is in the middle, the truck appears to be off as the temp gauge in the dash has the needle at the top where it would be if the ignition is off like mine in the photo below.

It appears a bunch of holes have been put in the dash to accommodate the gauges but that can be changed out with another dash, in the end it is likely in better shape than mine as my drivers door(RHD) was hit in the past and the pillar was bent in slightly and that is going to be work to fix/correct.

The Datsun U320 will likely never be worth a lot of money, it's not an extremely rare Chevy which would be worth a lot of money, it's just a Datsun to most everyone except maybe a collector from Japan, $7900.00 even in Australian money is a lot of money for something in that sort of shape.

Where in Australia are you?

Edited by wayno
  • Like 1

rare Datsun indeed then. Worthwhile project appears mostly complete interior is good 

maybe a bit overpriced , but if had had the $ I would consider it ,restore to original, it would be worth more 

thanks for the info 

I'm getting off topic probably should have this in the 320 section .

im am in Colac Victoria 

the 520 with overriders or 410 bumper is one of the fellows Utes I'm buying  sons 521 project alas the 521 does not have a tub and they are very had to come buy ,although not impossible to find and priced accordingly. 

I will get some pics up of 521 project when I get to see it again . 

Pits been in primer for a couple of years so will need primer stripped and reapplied . Other wise rust will come through the paint it is the reason I'm hesitant . 

• Like 1

OK, I believe I have seen that U320 before, I posted a photo of one that looks a lot like it on Ozdat, here is the link to that thread.

http://www.ozdat.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=31580

[ img ]

As I recall this was in Tasmania Australia at the time of this photo and was for sale on Gumtree or Ebay.

Ozdat is back up and running, yeah!

Edited by wayno
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12 December 2018 at 3:25 PM, Tony22 said:

thanks for the info 

I'm getting off topic probably should have this in the 320 section .

im am in Colac Victoria 

the 520 with overriders or 410 bumper is one of the fellows Utes I'm buying  sons 521 project alas the 521 does not have a tub and they are very had to come buy ,although not impossible to find and priced accordingly. 

I will get some pics up of 521 project when I get to see it again . 

Pits been in primer for a couple of years so will need primer stripped and reapplied . Other wise rust will come through the paint it is the reason I'm hesitant . 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...