Stripped rocker bracket bolt

Als720

I have the z24 engine im doing a headgasket repair on today When i was torquing down the valve rocker shaft assembly one of the two middle bolts on the middle stripped it only got to 10 ft lbs of torque. What would my options be to fix it? Or can i run it like that??

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Helicoils are ok, depending on how much wall thickness you have . ... If you have the room to drill it bigger i would use a keensert....

Screenshot-20181119-110002-Chrome.jpg

They are similar but they are alot more perment, but depending on where and what kind of wall thickness you have helicoil may be your only option.....

Pic is just an example....

Edited by Crashtd420
  • Like 1

Since i need to move the truck from were its parked i threw it back together the bolt is somewhat tight but wont be happy with it until i go to recheck the headbolts and see how it holds.. another question the parts store guy gave me the ngk iridium bpr5eix plugs for both exhaust and intake sides will does work the same as the bpr6es on the intake and bpr5es on exhaust?? Doesnt make sence to me, dont trust the parts store on this the guy was surprised to hear it had 8 spark plugs i payed $60 dollars for them so if they dont run the same ill take them back and ask for the right ones