Weird Oxygen Sensor Threads (pics)

csliva

I got a new O2 sensor from RockAuto and pulled out the old one. It looks like the old one has a cap and the threads are different. The crush washers are rusted on so I'm not sure I can reuse the cap. I believe the new Bosch sensor I got was OEM and has the typical M18x1.5 threads that I was expecting.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rqQ5GsSxEwxDKH404LoCDfrrPdErCGPW/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14REqmlspLlwjglKXpDnPiMn7kCW3xr__/view?usp=sharing

Any ideas on what this piece is and if I can get another one?

Edited by csliva
blue links
  • Like 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a brute force method of getting the sleeve off, maybe unharmed,  I'd run a drillbit through that big hole.  That old sensor is no-good anyway, right?  Then stick something like a line-up punch through the holes to rack on the sleeve, which you might hit with some heat, first. This oughta be easier on the sleeve than a Vise-Grip.

Edited by seattle smitty
  • Like 1

Thanks for the advice! I ended up letting it soak for 48 hours in PB Blaster and then got it off with vice grips and a bench vice. The sleeve was extremely hardened and popped right off without crushing. Good to know NAPA might have the sleeve though for the future.