Brake locks up

Hi everybody..I'm new to this forum.Hope you guys can figure it out what's wrong to my brakes that locks up.

I have a 510 4 doors with new rebuilt calipers on front (280zx) and Maxima caliper at the rear.I replaced the brake master with the 280zx master.I bench bled it,i got half inch of play on the push rod and bled all the calipers.Was working ok then after it gets hot, it locks up.I have to bled one of the calipers or any bleeder that i can bled then I'm gonna be ok for a while.

I'm running out of ideas and been reading all this forums to any site and did everything and still locks up.

Thanks guys...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the quick response.....yes I did that...when you step the pedal it has like an inch play before it pushes the rod. If the brakes locks up and i'll let stay to cool down.It releases the brake a little bit and i can still feel that pedal is hard or stiff.I have to bleed it just release completely.

Is that because i have a 15/16 master?I'm asking that because I read it from one the threads that 15/16 is more stiffer/ harder.Do you think that's one of the problem?

thanks

I had this issue with motorcyle calipers alot my problem was from paint build up and the calipers not releasing or they had junk in the piston bores not letting them release.I'd almost put money on it that your problem lies in the calipers somewhere. I know a few dudes running the 15 16 master with no problems in fact that's what I'm gonna put on my goon when the time comes

When you take your foot off the brake pedal, the piston in the m/c is pushed back by the pressure in the lines, and will (or should) vent fluid back into the master reservoir. A stuck caliper piston will not cause pressure in the lines.

Are you using a brake booster?

So, being a dual brake system, how can any pressure remain in both systems if it is normally allowed to return to the reservoir by the master cylinder when at rest position. (note) the only exception, is the residual check valves in both systems that retain several pounds pressure in the lines so that air cannot enter past caliper seals.

From your description of all calipers locking and excess pressure remaining in both front and back systems, it sounds to me like it's the master cylinder.

Edited by datzenmike
  • 2 weeks later...

My 620 has been sticky lately. Then yesterday the front locked up so bad that it wouldnt even move. I had to crack the front bleeder on the MC and I was rolling again. Had to keep it open and limp home with only the rear. Definitely the MC not retracting. I had a clutch master do the same thing before too. Sucks you said it was new but maybe they will warranty it.