Two Distributor questions....

northoak

1) based on this photo is my distributor 180 degrees out?

XqN3Cno.jpg

As far as I can tell I'm definitely at TDC of piston one on the comp stroke because the notch is aligned with 0, and valves 1, 2, 4, and 6 are adjustable

2) how important is this plastic piece at the end of my distributor that I broke pulling it out because I'm a clown?  Can i run with it like this?

mAoGezx.jpg

thank you and sorry my engine is so dirty ?

Edited by northoak
  • Like 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty confused as to how my truck has been running well enough to hit 70 on the highway, take me a few hours away once a week,  and take me all the way from oakland to olympia if this things been out the whole time.  but the small size of that drive spindle definitely faces the rear of my truck.

It will run equally well at 90, 180 and 270 degrees out, how could it not? There are 4 plug wires each 90 degrees apart all you need do is move them around. You can set the spindle in any position you like as long as you can properly adjust the timing.

Yes it will also work on the Z series with dual plugs.

In order to have everyone on the same page we all (more or less) set it with the small half moon to the front. If everyone does this it's easier to trouble shoot ignition problems.