Hunting for Coilover top hats that fit the stock upper bearing

Icehouse

Working on a buddies 260z.  We are converting to Coilovers but don’t want to change the upper spring perches.  I found these but not sure if they will sell them separately.   I’ve done a bunch of searching.  Seems most people just stack washers.   I’d like to avoid that.  You can see the top hat in the photo is taller so it will reach the stock bearing.SBXOEPI.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a large box of top hats from years of importing shit from Japan.
Tell me what ID springs you have, and what ID hole you want for the shaft to go through, and I will dig through them.

1 hour ago, thisismatt said:

Are you sure that's not just the bottom of the hat anyways?  Either way, friends don't let friends buy from California Datsun.  Don't do it!

The bearing isn’t flush with the bottom of the top hat so a standard Coilover top won’t work.  

California Datsun is that bad??

24 minutes ago, G-Duax said:

I have a large box of top hats from years of importing shit from Japan.
Tell me what ID springs you have, and what ID hole you want for the shaft to go through, and I will dig through them.

It needs the extra boss on the top to fit in the stock bearing. I’ll do some more measuring and let you know.  

4 hours ago, thisismatt said:

No, I mean the picture you posted...are you sure the "tall" part isn't actually the bottom of the coilover hat

Yeah that’s what I want.  That exact thing.  That’s why I posted a picture.  Figured I would say it wrong.