Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
521turbo

New Member SR521

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, mrbigtanker said:

Where is the intercooler going, it's a very tight fit. I went water to air.

 

Pussy 😂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Josh K. said:

 

Pussy 😂

Mines is rated for 750 HP. Pussy. 😉

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, mrbigtanker said:

Mines is rated for 750 HP. Pussy. 😉

 

I almost went water to air. If you can fit air/air it's always easier. 

 

750hp? Must be large?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, mrbigtanker said:

Mines is rated for 750 HP. Pussy. 😉

You talking about your legs again?  LOL

 

Dyno Slip or it didn't happen!  LOL

Edited by Charlie69
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Josh K. said:

 

I almost went water to air. If you can fit air/air it's always easier. 

 

750hp? Must be large?

My turbo is a perscision industries gen 2 55 mm.  I believe good for up to 550. The cooler is good for 750. I’m going for 500 rwhp. Fj20 for the win. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yea I know its tight. I had to return the first IC beacause the 3.35" core was too big. I got a CX racing one for a 510 coming in....lets see what happens. the 510 core is 2.5"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I got the intercooler in today. The fit is still tight with the rad. I got a Honda EG aluminum one from ebay just because its the smallest 2 core rad I could find. Im considering machining the crank pulley to eliminate the outter row so I can get some better clearance. Whats intercooler and radiator setup are you guys using for sr swaps in the 521??

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

check out my page in the 521 section. water to air is what I did.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

check out my page in the 521 section. water to air is what I did.

Nice truck! My wallet isn't as deep as yours. I have to work with what I got. I think with a little massaging it will fit. Maybe I have to cut the facia but I dont want to do that. I would like to keep the grill.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On my 520 I modded the radiator support in order to fit the L20B.  The 520 is about 5" shorter from firewall to radiator support.  This made it possible for me to install a two core with  1" tubes aluminum radiator, shroud, and dual 12" fans.   I am also running AC condenser and still have stock location for the stock grill.

Edited by Charlie69

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, 521turbo said:

Nice truck! My wallet isn't as deep as yours. I have to work with what I got. I think with a little massaging it will fit. Maybe I have to cut the facia but I dont want to do that. I would like to keep the grill.

I hear ya, cut as far back as the bottom trim will allow. stainless for the under grill side. Thats what I did before to mount the pusher fan, very clean.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

I hear ya, cut as far back as the bottom trim will allow. stainless for the under grill side. Thats what I did before to mount the pusher fan, very clean.

What do you mean stainless for the under grill side?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, 521turbo said:

What do you mean stainless for the under grill side?

the under trim piece that runs along the front under the grill. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

the under trim piece that runs along the front under the grill. 

Yea I know what piece you are talking about. But what do you mean stainless? Did you do some custom stainless steel or what?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, 521turbo said:

Yea I know what piece you are talking about. But what do you mean stainless? Did you do some custom stainless steel or what?

The piece...it is...stainless!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

O really? Thats why it hasnt rusted off yet 😂 Thanks for that little piece of Datsun trivia. Currently modding the Honda rad and crank pulley to fit without cutting the front of the car. I want to machine it. Maybe on the brake lathe. We will see...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.